BOOTY PILLAGERS - Week 1 (Closed Group)

Options
Hello ladies!

I've chosen Teri's name for now (sorry, I spelled your name wrong in the email...), and I like it! I would like my booty to be pillaged by the end of the month! ;)

I kind of explained how this is going to work in the group message I sent, but if you have any questions, just let me know! This is also a bit of a support group, which I love, but we can also get on each others cases if we start slacking at sometime as well!

I'll just introduce myself to those of you who don't know me. My name is Cassandre. I'm currently living in Toronto, Ontario and I'm attending college for Book and Magazine Publishing. I've struggled with my weight since I was probably about 12, and I've decided it's time to get my butt in gear, literally, before I develop any health problems. My dad has diabetes and doesn't really do much to try and help his case and that terrifies me. I don't want to lose him, and I don't want to become diabetic either. So I'm hoping you ladies can keep me on the right track! ;)

That's all for now, I know it's Sunday and the last thing you want to do is spend it on the computer (although it's pouring here, so there's not much else to do).

Let's kick some serious butt! :)

Replies

• libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm not creative with names so I'm good with Booty Pillagers. :)

I'm Libby. I'm a substitute teacher and a stay at home mom. I also play the violin and you'll see that pop up here every once and awhile. I live in McHenry, IL, a far northwest suburb of Chicago. I've been struggling with my weight most of my life (I'll be 33 next month). The end of September was rough so I'm ready to kick some backside in October!
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    Hello everyone I am excited about the challenge. A little about me I live in Raleigh, NC and I am the mother to 3 beautiful little ones. I also work full and I am a wife. Finding time to workout has been a challenge however this month is the month of no excuses. September I did not lose much weight so I have regrouped in order to be more successful this month.
    I have added my info to the google document. I think that document will be very helpful for me.
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

This is my first challenge, so I'm pretty excited! Bring on the pain! haha

A bit about me: I am 30, a marketing manager in Toronto, Ontario, and have been on the site for a week. I'm newly married (as of Jan), and am thinking about starting a family, so have decided it's time to do something about this weight. I lost 50lbs in University, but have since gained almost 100lbs back. When I hit 250 it really opened my eyes and I managed to lose about 6 in the month between that and joining MFP, so I'm hoping this site will bring me some focus and success.

Good luck to all!
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    My name is Pam I live in Meriden CT. I have been struggling with my weight since high school, and I struggled last month in the challenge because of a neck injury that hurt even when I walked, I have done a lot of walking in the past two days with out my neck hurting (thought it did get tight) but I think I will be able to get some real exercising in this month. I really need to :) I am getting married in just over a year and a half and I want to look my best by then (or at least feel great)

Sorry I am a little late looking at this was no where near a computer all weekend, I hope to have a smartphone soon so I can keep up a little better.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Gwynne and I live in Kirkland, Washington, just outside of Seattle with my husband, our moochie, three dogs and a cat. I'm horrible at intros and can't really think of anything else to say, other than let's kick some tail this month! :D
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, has anyone heard from Gary yet today?! I can't seem to find the challenge...
  • libs41223
    Options
    I have not heard from Gary today. I haven't seem him on the feed at all and the blog hasn't been update. Should we assume that maybe we are starting tomorrow? I'm going to go for a walk, it's so nice here today.
  • knt32
    knt32 Posts: 61
    Options
    Just checking....no challenges posted yet???
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    None. I guess we're starting tomorrow?
  • knt32
    knt32 Posts: 61
    Options
    Are we suppose to give you our SW & GW?
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    Nope, just your CW and your goal for the week. You can set a goal for the month if you'd like, but you don't necessarily have to post it. :)

Whatever will keep you more motivated!
  • terihaddad
    Options
    Still nothing on the challenge board that I can see...?
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Should we just start making up our own challenges?
  • terihaddad
    Options
    Sounds good to me...might as well take advantage of every day! Anyone have any ideas?
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    Gary is posting tomorrow. He had a death in the family and is unavailable until then. So, I guess we have one more day "off" although still get your regular workouts in!

It's time to kill fatty! (That was the message from Gary -- lol)
  • libs41223
    Options
    I'm taking advantage for the BEAUTIFUL weather we have going on here in Chicago. Supposedly, it is going to be like this into next. Mid 70's and sunny! Off for a walk!
  • libs41223
    Options
    I'm taking advantage for the BEAUTIFUL weather we have going on here in Chicago. Supposedly, it is going to be like this into next. Mid 70's and sunny! Off for a walk!
  • libs41223
    Options
    My keyboard has a mind of it's own.

I hope you all are having a FANTASTIC week so far. I'm promising to be an encouragement everyday! We need it! :flowerforyou:
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    has the challenge been posted yet?
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    Still nothing. What do you guys want to do in the meantime?