Replies

• Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    Maybe we could do the same one from last month of make up our own
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    We could do the ones from week 5 of last month. I'm okay with that. Although I won't start until tomorrow at this point.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I think that would be good as a starting point and we can make up our own from there.... Week 5's exercises were:

Day 1 - Walk, run, jog a 5k (3.1 Miles) 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 40 Toe Touches, 5 burpees
    Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 3 - Walk, run, jog a 5k (3.1 Miles) 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 40 Toe Touches, 5 burpees
    Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 5 - Walk, run, jog a 5k (3.1 Miles) 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 40 Toe Touches, 5 burpees

Rest the weekend!

Or, for a bit harder:

Day 1 - 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), 50 Squat Kicks, 10 High Plank to Low Plank

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), 50 Squat Kicks, 10 High Plank to Low Plank

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), 50 Squat Kicks, 10 High Plank to Low Plank

REST THE WEEKEND!
  • knt32
    knt32 Posts: 61
    Options
    are we weighing every monday???
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    For tomorrow would we be doign day 5 or day 1?
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    Tomorrow do Day 5. This week will just be messy. Hopefully I'll figure something out for next week if Gary hasn't posted yet.

Usually weigh in is Sunday for this challenge, but Monday will do fine as well...

Sorry, it's a messy week for me. And it's Canadian Thanksgiving so I'm running between my parents house and mine. I'll be around more next week, promise!
  • jessingh84
    jessingh84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hey guys! Just wanted to say a quick hi since i fianlly found the board :) And just a quick question, are we doing day 5 or the jog,sit up, pushup, burpe..etc?
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    You can choose either: The Pygmy or the Bushmen. Your choice.

I guess do day 4 today and day 5 tomorrow (or vice versa). That schedule was for a short week.
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Geez, life got super busy at the end of the week and BAM is Sunday. Totally missed redoing September's week 5. No worries, fresh start tomorrow!
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    wohoo! Down 4.6 since last Monday! I completely skipped over the official challenge since there was so much confusion this week (oops), but made it a point to do more than just my regular 30DS every day. Next week my goal is to follow whatever challenge we decide on and hopefully can have another great week!
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    Hey ladies!

So Gary will probably not be on for a while. It was his brother that's passed away, and obviously priorities have shifted.

How do you feel about doing the week 2 challenges from September?

Here's what it was:

Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

Thoughts? I will have to start tomorrow, but I can catch up...
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Sounds like a plan to me. :)
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Not to be the weakling on the team, but Can i have the Pygmy exercises? with my CLX/Turbo Fire schedule, plus work, plus class, I just don't think I can fit in all that. It takes me liek 20 minutes just to do 50 burpees let alone the other stuff. I need quick workouts I can try to during my lunch break
  • libs41223
    Options
    I'm will Naomi on this one. Although, I think I might have them written down somewhere. Would we be able to do a mile goal or a minute moving goal next week? I'll admit I'm getting bored with the Gary exercises.
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what some of those exercises are...are there descriptions somewhere?

Thanks!
  • libs41223
    Options
    HELLO?!?!? Are my fellow Booty Pillagers out there? We are awfully quiet and I think that is NO GOOD! I hope you are just busy rockin' it!
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    To be honest, I'm kind of bored with Gary's exercises too, but I don't know enough to set goals for us. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm getting back to my workouts tonight... Thanksgiving's over! ;)
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    I'll poke around and do some research... But maybe if we came up with goals we want to work towards and design the challenges around them?

Such as, I don't know... Doing a pullup? Then we could come up with challenge exercises that will ultimately get us to the pullup.

or endurance- running a full 5K. We could modify the couch to 5K exercises for group consumption with strength challenges on the off days.

I also think we should be mindful of time- we're probably all going to get busier in the next few months and probably want the most bang for our buck time and workout wise.
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    That's exactly what I was thinking Gwynne. That's why I like the NYBNY challenges, because it gets us doing stuff, but stuff we like to do, and kind of at our own pace or whatever...

I'm not sure... :-S
  • libs41223
    Options
    That's what I was thinking. A more general goal that we all can reach in a way that we like. Like I HATE running but, I love to walk outside and run on the elliptical when the weather is bad. My doc asked me to focus more on cardio at the moment. I'm trying to do that but, I need some motivation so working on something for the team would be awesome. I can't slack as easily then. :happy:

I have never been able to do a pull-up. I wouldn't mind figuring out that one or maybe doing really good pushups. You get nice sexy shoulders that way. :wink: There is that program that gets you to 100 pushups.

All just suggestions. I'm up for anything that will get my booty moving!