Aren't we overcomplicating this?

Options
HMonsterX
HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
I've thought this for a while.

Stop eating this!

This causes cancer! No really, it does!1!!

This is bad for you!

That is bad for you!

Dont eat this!

Dont drink that!

Only eat moss!

Armadillo poo on toast boosts your metabolism! I read it on teh interweb!

etc etc etc.

Really people?

Calories in/out for most of us. Unless you have medical conditions/specific doctors advice...eat what you want to hit your macros, track it all, account for it all, and stop worrying about myths/scares/etc.

There, got that off my chest.

*puts on flame-retardant suit*

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    *like*
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I agree
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Gonna have to trap some armadillos and try that!
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well said and I have to say I am! Need to chill abit... Thanks. I feel like I'm in a race ? for what?
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:

armadillo poo?! sounds yum!!!! where do i buy this? :P
  • WoodchuckGrace
    Options
    You are SO right!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    But I don't want to ever eat anything that has a poorly documented reputation for any of the things you mentioned, I might find myself actually living a little ;)
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    My thoughts exactly!! I eat what I want and just make sure I am in near the green zone. That's the only way I can make this a lifetime commitment. I have been doing this for nearly 100 days and I still do not feel like I am on a 'diet'..
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options

LMAO!!! Nice. This is a great post. :D
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    BUT ITS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY TO JUST DRINK JUICE FOR A MONTH BECAUSE IT CLEANSES MY LIVER AND INTESTINESSS! They're currently suffering because I'm eating solid food!

rofl.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yes! Thank you for this! It's so true! Sheesh....
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Gets out the firehose for Monster. Just in case.

remember when eggs were the devil?
    remember when fat free products were going to save the world?
    remember when carbs were all bad?

******deviled eggs - did I really put that there?*************
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    1. Eat healthy things.
    2. Supplement with very small amounts of tasty unhealthy things to make not tasty healthy things taste good.
    3. ???
    4. Profit
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've tried the armadillo poo and lost 1231lbs! But then I put it back on again immediately - but it works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

I agree. :)
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    I only eat Bolivian free range organic armadillo poo, because they alone eat a species of cockroach unique to three towns in the Búlshete mountains that in turn feed on the Pacalais lily. Their poo is therefore high macitupasugo; it is this that enables MASSIVE weight loss, up to EIGHT TONS in a week. Other armadillo poo is just placebo, the OP is probably working for one of these charlatan companies.

Be aware, people.
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    Absolutely over complicated .... if you think about this everything that is processed or comes in a packet is pretty much bad for us if you really want to make it simple eat whole and eat fresh .. and you can't really go wrong.

But .... we like it complicated don't we? gives us something to piss and moan about :P lol and post forum questions on topics we already know the answer to truth be told ...

You know what I find most disturbing about our obsession with over complication (and I include myself in this) is that here we are sitting behind out laptops! computer! pissing and moaning about our over eating our obsession with body fat and looks and weight and FOOD !!!! when there are millions of people out there who don't know when or where their next meal is coming from or whether they'll have clean water to drink today .... whats wrong with this picture ...

Thats my food for thought today :)
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It all boils down to a math problem….
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Yea but it's high in sodium so have some HCG tea to flush it all out.
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    I had cancer, and had NO triggers (ie foods that cause it, neighborhoods that cause it, toxic waste etc). On the other hand the food choices caused me to be over weight! So- I've been cooking lean for a week now and today we ate two big meals and two small meals and i'm only at 850cals for the day!

Stacey :)