Desperate to start running for fitness... PLEASE HELP.

Options
2»

Replies

• silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much for your time. I will check that book out. I am so motivated this time round that im prettty sure that if I incoperated the running into my weekly routine I would feel so much more active. I am going to give the couch to 5k programme a shot from tomorrow. thankyou again x
    Hey don’t forget a GOOD pair of running shoe. That is a MUST!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have new balance ones I think they should be okay as there for running. But if they hurt I will go and get some fitted. x
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on deciding to start running, I hope to learn to love it as so many of us MFPers have.

Here are my beginner's running tips, I hope they help.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BerryH/view/20-things-i-wish-i-d-known-about-running-when-i-started-103936

I agree that you should look at Couch to 5K (C25K). Check out the forums for a "Starting C25K in October" thread or similar for mutual support.

So long as your current trainers are comfortable don't worry about new shoes until you decide running's for you and you're doing 30 minutes or more, but at that point, it's very important you get properly fitted shoes from a running shop, not just a general sportswear outlet.

Good luck and be sure to let us know how you get on!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Options
    Thanks very much for all your great advice Im gonna be going later this evening x
  • Luandanielle1979
    Options
    I did it I did what was it said on the box for day 1 week one on the couch to 5 k programme. Im very proud that I have give it a shot and actually loved the feeling. Im looking forward to wednesday and doing at again I did a little extra jog home at the end. Thankyou guys you have been really supportive.

Heres to being active :O)