any others need to or have lost 100+ lbs????

Options
13»

Replies

• WendyHJ
    WendyHJ Posts: 60
    Options
    Yes, take off the time goals and just have weight loss goals. You can't rush a healthy weight loss. One pound a week is considered sustainable, tweak your MFP goals so it says a pound a week and really use the calorie info for meal planning before the fact, not just tracking after the fact when you've already eaten the food and it's too late to make a better choice. You can do it!
  • Molsen77
    Options
    For me its celebrating ever pound lost. I weigh in every wednesday morning its awesome to hit my goal every week.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Darlin, even after losing 262 lbs, I still have those day when I feel big and am spinning my wheels. I think because we live in a society which is getter done... weight loss is looked upon as the same... we all wish it could be fast and furious, and be like the show the biggest loser etc... when in a few weeks it shows the changes etc but reality is reality and life is one day at a time. I am glad I take pics periodically, for it's looking back to see how far I have come that gets my head turned around. Also keeping a few articles of clothes you once fit into can really put you on track, and make you realize...hey I AM making a difference in me!

The early days of starting weight loss can be difficult, but remember the why you want to do this....keep to your program and the results will show... and soon you too will look back during those off moments and know the path you are taking is the best for you!! Lifestyle change is where it's at, changing those behaviours is a must... while working on you, before you know it the pounds drop, you're feeling great, time has passed, and you are healthier because of it.

If I can do it... YOU CAN TOO!!!
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have 5 pieces of wisdom, if you'd like them. Took me several decades to learn them and cost a fortune in tears and suffering to get to where I am today but I wish someone had typed this out and handed it to me. It would have shortened the time I spent in misery.

1. Get your Vitamin D3 checked and take enough as a supplement every day to change your Vitamin D3 labs to read 60-80. Until I did, NO amount of clean eating or smart training yielded anything except frustration.

2. Read Jack Kruse's Leptin Reset protocols. For me this was the hidden reason why so much of my effort left me distressed that I'd never accomplish my goals. This is the definitive science on why sometimes *NOT* exercising is even better for weight loss, at least until you're Leptin Sensitive again.

3. Toss out the common wisdom about saturated fat. Don't believe the lie that if you eat less calories and exercise more (to create a calorie deficit) that this alone will solve your health problems. It might make them worse if you're not fueling your body with the nutrition from whole foods, healthy fats and proteins that you need to thrive. Listen to Jimmy Moore of LIvinLaVidaLowCarb blog, Chris Kresser of the Healthy Skeptic, Robb Wolf of The Paleo Solution and Mark Sisson of The Primal Blueprint. Eat Real Foods. (Do not eat gluten/grains, legumes/beans, flour/sugar/processed foods.)

4. Get a Z-Health, R-Phase DVD or better yet, get someone from Z-Health Performance to train you to move again. After years of surviving a morbidly obese, sedentary lifestyle, I was living in constant pain from head to toe. Moving caused so much stress on my body that daily life sucked. I couldn't turn over in bed without a Hoyer lift or several strong attendants at my highest weight and was seeking adoptive parents for my then 3 year old daughter for whom I was becoming increasingly unable to care for physically due to my incredible immobility. Now my daughter is 6 with habits that fuel her for life, she is training for triathlon, hefting kettlebells and only eats real food. I am an elite athlete who moves better than many people half my age. I have been pain free since June of 2009 thanks completely to getting enough Vitamin D3 and my Z-Health coach, Jen Waak of keyboardathletes.com. With her help, I was able to become the mother I always dreamed of being - an active, healthy and energetic mom.

5. When you're ready for exercise according to the Jack Kruse's guidelines in his Leptin Reset protocols, do your strength training with few reps and go heavy, especially helpful to learn to do pushups and chinups, learning to let your body be your gym. If you have access to a cross fit gym or kettlebell gym, you'll cut your journey down to size. Getting my focus on doing a Turkish Get Up or perfecting my kettlebell swings or deadlifts keeps my mind unconcerned about the 65-85 pounds I still need to shed. When I am focused on something I can do today and it solves the long term problem, when I abstain from behaviors, people, places and things that destroy my joy, peace and health, then I can do *ANYTHING*.

I have discovered that I am mighty and if you want it, so will you!
  • KavemanKarg
    Options
    Great start!

Consistency and patience wins the day. For every 3 steps forward you likely take one back.

Remember the tortoise and the hare. It's the long game that you win :)

Best of luck!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i am almost there! i hope to hit the 100lb mark by Thanksgiving or sooner!
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I started off with looking for 20 gone, then 40 gone, then 50 gone, then 70 gone, then 100 gone, now I am looking for 125 gone.... I wouldn't put a time restraint on it... just work to the next goal.
    This is exactly how I started off! :smile:
  • Tana_Q
    Options
    I am just starting this journey so it was helpful to read all the responses. For me, it always helps to break it down into smaller goals. I will look at just losing the first 10, then 20 and so on.

I have about 130 to lose so a long way to go. I have to figure out a way to make this manageable or it will make me crazy.
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It will take time. Don't ever give up!!!!!!! Ever .5 pound loss is a .5 closer to your goal. It will be a long journey both it will be worth every minute
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    I have a 196.2 pounds to lose to get to a healthy BMI. I have already lost 14.4 pounds. Feel free to send me a friend request if you would like!! :flowerforyou:
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 1/2 weeks in and have lost 14 pounds so I am really proud of myself. I set a goal of 60 pounds for now since any other number just seem so unattainable. I was told at my physical for work that I had high blood pressure--in the past it was high, but I attributed it to having taken Sudafed and seeing the "white coat". This time it was 140/100 and then it was 150/100!!! That scared the crap out of me. My PCP put me on lisinopril for BP. Just saw the cardiologist the other day and he upped the BP meds and put me on lipitor as well--my cholesterol was only slightly elevated, but labs said I was spilling protein in my urine as well. Dr. said because of this he was upping the one and adding the other as a preventative measure. Stress test in 2 weeks. My goal right now is to get off the meds and avoid a diabetes diagnosis. My ultimate goal is to lose as much weight as I can. I'm afraid to put a real number on it because I'm afraid it will discourage me. I'm really glad I found MFP--it's easy to use and has helped to keep me honest. Love the message you get when you finish your diary for the day--letting me know how much I'd weigh in 5 weeks if I kept eating that way :)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    wow some of the stories on here are awesome!

My advice - don't ever ever ever give up

xx