Unconditional Support!

There used to be a group like this, but I don't think it exists any longer, so I decided to start one up again! I hope people will join in and be active and check in often. I enjoy the fact that everyone can "speak" their mind and not be judged. We can share stories, successes, slip-ups, and more. Everyone is welcome!!
I am trying to lose a great deal of weight and it is a constant struggle! I am getting used to exercising, and actually feel bad when I miss a day. That is so strange for me! I am losing slowly, and I get frustrated often. Seems as though there is always a reason to eat something I shouldn't...a party, a night out, a dinner, a holiday, rain, snow, wind....well you get the picture! I hope to "see" some old pals here. I welcome all new pals, as well!!

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    I'm in :) I have my own support group but it's nice to be a part of someone else's sometimes!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Thankyou. this is a great site. I love the support and the kindness that people show eachother. Good luck with your health too.
  • I'm in! I do believe in motivation. I believe some days are easier than others and other days... whew. I would like to lose quite a bit of weight, but most importantly, I just want to feel better about myself. We can do this!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    I love the support I get on here. I may not know anyone on here personally (except my husband and 1 childhood friend) but I feel I can relate to most people on here. We all have the same goal in mind. Get healthier. We are all getting there either 1 pound or 10 pounds a week. With failures we give/get encouragement to do better and with successes we give/get cheers! Thanks for all of the support!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Hello, I would love to join this group also. I am 53 and having a very hard time losing especially due to some back issues and medication which is known to make you gain weight. I need to have a support group/people like this site. Please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like to.

Hugs
    Bev
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    I totally agree!!!!!! This is the main reason I love this site is for the support and encouragement through good days and bad.:smile::smile:
  • :smile: I would love to join too. I definitely can use all the unconditional love I can get!!! Life is ever changing and we need encouragement through the curves and bumps along the way. Just makes the trip more enjoyable. EVERYBODY needs FRIENDS:flowerforyou:
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Bumping myself in. Happy to be part of 2 way motivation. Friend me if you wish.
  • garyolson43
    garyolson43 Posts: 28 Member
    Friend me too. I give you support and welcome support from you too.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Hope everyone is full of motivation today have a good one!!!
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    hm_day, luan,amy, jodee,bev, logans, gazz, gary welcome! I look forward to this active, lively, supportive group of pals.
    Long work day for me today, so I won't have much time for being bad! I planned out my meals, and that helps me a lot.. Just won't have time for exercising, which is rough. After a 12 hour day I'm not into jumping around. I don't know how some people do that! What is everyone up to this lovely Monday? Wishing you all well!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,894 Member
    I'm in too. Can use all the motivation I can get. I have been having a rough go with an month long vacation, lots of eating out, buffets etc. but I am trying hard not to give in. I can't even weigh myself becasue I do not have access to a scale so I am soooooo worried. Carla
  • hm_day
    This Monday I had an exam is Adulthood and Old Age Psychology and then I worked. Story of my life :)
  • profjan6
    Hi Carla! Nice to see you here.
    Work and class.....hmmmm sounds like a busy day!
    Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm beat. Long work day and first eating dinner now. Tomorrow is another day!
  • profjan6
    Hmm, quiet here. Well, I am home today trying to get things done. Still working on doing the C25K, but now I have a problem in my heel, and when I walk it hurts. I am going to take a day off of exercising and see how it is tomorrow. I'm determined to do this running thing, but if it takes a little longer, so be it.
    How is everyone doing today? It is very autumnal today and I just love that!
  • hm_day
    Oh no! Hope your heel feels better.
    Today I drove through gross, torrential downpour to get to school and then my classes were delayed.. and then cancelled. So I came home and studied for my next exam. Very tired! How are you today, other than your heel?
  • profjan6
    Today I drove through gross, torrential downpour to get to school and then my classes were delayed.. and then cancelled. So I came home and studied for my next exam. Very tired! How are you today, other than your heel?
    Wow, school was cancelled? Sucks to have made it there all for nothing! My son is in MA also. Boston. Did you get to do something fun for yourself with all your free time? Hope so!
  • hm_day
    Wow, school was cancelled? Sucks to have made it there all for nothing! My son is in MA also. Boston. Did you get to do something fun for yourself with all your free time? Hope so!

I'm about 45 minutes from Boston :)
    And yeah, it was pretty bad. Lots of traffic and accidents. And I didn't really do much else other than study since it was pretty gross out most of the day :(
  • profjan6
    I was hoping for more activity here! Maybe everyone is busy. Anyway, I'm trying to deal with this bad foot. I never had anything like this before but I guess it is because I'm trying to run. I want to do this C25K, but not in a rush, so I will try to heal the foot. Long day today, won't be home from work until 10 PM. I planned my meals and hope to stick to that! Feeling a bit unmotivated today.
  • sally2303
    sally2303 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi!

I love this site already! So many active participants, and the support and understanding is fantastic. Good luck to everyone on their respective weightless journeys

Love
    Sal xox