Is it fair the DELETE friends who use MFP as social networki

Options
13»

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Your experience really is individually talored to how you would like it to be. . ..That is the great thing in life and in here. . you have

choices on who you want to hang out with or who you don't. . I personally like for my friends to be very outgoing and friendly as

well as share our fitness jouney together. . but if they are quiet that is okay too. . Nothing wrong with having a little fun while

working our rumps off. . Just my thoughts on the subject. . .

Good luck in your health and fitness journey. . :smile:
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Your choice OP. Like you, the friends who constantly post status messages about their day that has little to nothing to do with fitness, I delete as I'm not on facebook, for a reason. I like the tools and the forums on MFP. Having friends is a bonus, but not a big deal for me and I keep my list low because of my annoyance of those who post tedious status messages.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    7Y7VE.jpg

Apply liberally. Not sure why you needed to ask opinions as to why to remove someone.
  • docdevore
    docdevore Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just delete them. No one cares why you do it. Really.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I use Facebook to piss off relatives with my personal political views.

I use Twitter to ***** about companies who don't treat me like a valued customer.

I use MFP to chat it up with like minded friends and share experiences. Hopefully I don't annoy anyone too much.

That's why I use Facebook too!!!! Or to rub in that I got into semi decent shape and they didn't. Sounds mean but they're the ones that make me the butt of jokes during family get togethers....no making memories here.
    But anyway, for me, what goes on in my daily life often affects how I eat or not eat, etc...my whole outlook, so yeah I use this as a social networking tool as well. Of course, my sole focus is fitness and learning new things from other people.
  • sadia28
    sadia28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!! it is fair to delete them. this is to encourage each other in their weight goals, weather to loose,maintain, or gain. not to hear abt other personal problems or family issues. thats what facebook is for. on the other hand if it doesnt annoy u then who cares??!!:wink:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to use MFP to socialize, why are you posting in the forums?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnD0y6x9nNDBgNB08qvkugOPYCnWmRKvmfB46kVEuDKogJ49NY
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Delete friends who don't "jive" with what works for you. No harm, no foul.

Excuse me, I speak jive. :)
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I just do not like people usng MFP as social media, like Facebook and Twitter.

MFP is more of a weight management/fitness tool, right?

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's a swiss army knife. It has many useful tools. You can use it to just track calories, or exercise, or weight... or you could use it as an online community. Or all of the above.

If we weren't supposed to be social, it would be just myfitness.com and we wouldn't interact with each other. :wink:

Exactly.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

The "Ted" avatar + this = awesomesauce! :heart:
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I find the social aspect helps keep me engaged, and I like that. Facebook has gotten boring over the last year or so, and this is a great alternative. In the end it's about me, but if I can help motivate others, get support, and have a social aspect, it's a huge bonus.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I find the social aspect helps keep me engaged, and I like that. Facebook has gotten boring over the last year or so, and this is a great alternative. In the end it's about me, but if I can help motivate others, get support, and have a social aspect, it's a huge bonus.

Well said, and i agree 150%
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I guess don't friend me then...you wouldn't like it. My friends and I share the little daily troubles and rants and help each other deal with them. We also share the small joys that uplift the spirit. I believe emotional fitness is as important as physical fitness and that one often reflects the state of the other.

That being said, it's your choice how you wish to use MFP-do what's best for you.

This. I love checking in with my friends and reading about their days. My friends are the best!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

lmfao... i love The Office.. best gif ever.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    The boards are another incentive for members to log in daily. It keeps me active and interested in my friends activities. You may consider trimming your list to include friends that share the same interests.
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    MFP "IS" a social network!!!
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    MFP "IS" a social network!!!

doonesbury - MFP should place that on their website to avoid confusion. :)

By the way, I love that comic strip!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!! it is fair to delete them. this is to encourage each other in their weight goals, weather to loose,maintain, or gain. not to hear abt other personal problems or family issues. thats what facebook is for. on the other hand if it doesnt annoy u then who cares??!!:wink:
    Why did you drag up a thread that's almost a year old?
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options

I actually LIKE it because not only are you meeting like minded people who are keeping up with exercise and calorie goals, but I have met cool people all over the world. In fact I use fb LESS because of MFP.

This.