• kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    80 fat, 15-20 protein and 5 carbs
  • PatchEFog
    PatchEFog Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    70%F, 22%P, 8%C
    After calculating my protein for lbm and adding veggie carbs to keep in optimal ketosis for fat burning, this is how they work out for now.
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I aim to eat 80% carbs, 10% fats & 10% protein. Mostly raw, minimal processed foods. :)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Mine changes depending on size of deficit/surplus. 35/35/30 ATM. I have a minimum protein and fat goal so the bigger the deficit the less carbs :(
  • rasp0000
    rasp0000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    .85g x bw P
    .45g x bw F
    remainder C
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    5% Carbs
    75% Fat
    20% Protein
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I tend to subscribe to "diets" that are super sustainable, so I was attracted to the most sustainable percentages for me. i tried this: 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat

I had a trainer who recommended I try 40% protein with 30% carbs, 30% fat and it lasted about 2 days before i realized how unsustainable it was for me. way, way too much protein for me.

40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat is a comfortable happy place to me where my body feels good and my brain feels good and I can continue to work out at the relatively high level that I work out. may be different for you or whoever :)

EDIT TO ADD: Anyone who tells you to eat less than 30% of any certain macro-nutrient is relatively wrong-ish. If you really want to avoid one, do LOTS of research before doing so. Most people find that completely avoiding a macro is bad for them and doesn't feel good at all. You won't be able to keep it up and it will sabotage your work. If you have health issues or are crazy pants about avoiding a macro, then do whatever, but you'll find a lot of resistance on the boards here as we all tend toward the middle ground :)
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    40%Carb, 30% each fat & Protein - Mainly because I wanted 30% fat, and I wanted at least 100g of protein and 30% got me there (usually after I exercise and it increases the grams). Carbs got the rest. :) Hoping to maintain as much muscle mass as possible, and if my scale is anywhere near accurate, I'm around 110ish lbs of lbm. At least in the neighborhood.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    45C/25P/30F

25% protein for me equals out to roughly 0.8g for every lb of lean muscle mass. After doing a bunch of reading of scientific articles on absorption and usage rates and blah blah blah I found that it didn't need to be any higher for my fat loss/fitness goals. I do try to treat it as a minimum however, so on days where I'm good, I'm a few grams above the 100 I'm aiming for.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    30C, 30P, 40 F and more around 100-125 net carbs on light workout days; I increase fat those days to off-set. If I have a heavy workout day I will eat 200-250 grams of carbs. I generally eat at least 50 g of those as starchy carbs before and after Crossfit WODs or long lifting sessions. I have 129 pounds of lean mass. 30% P works out to be about 1 g/pound of total body weight for me.
  • Kryssieee_b
    Kryssieee_b Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today I got my new meal plan from the trainer and he is suggesting 40P/25C/30F, something about this makes me nervous bc at 165lbs, 13% body fat, I feel thats far too much protein for me to be taking in. I feel it will be stored as fat and I'm concerned. Should I be eating this much protein? Its 190g, with only 106g Carbs.. I feel like I will put on weight, based off lack of carbs alone.