Large thighs

Options
2»

Replies

• AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs and a small waist...
    Its called genetics, and I wish I could change it, but the only thing that helps is overall weight loss and the thighs are the last to go!
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Question for all you lovely ladies. What are your favorite jean brand? Jeans type? Since I started lifting I have had the worst time with jeans and how they fit in the thighs?! My thighs are roughly 25 inches and arent as squishy like they once were. Now my thighs are pulling down my waist all the time, and finding jeans are becoming a hassle. Not too mention constantly pulling up my waistline every 10 mins, even with a belt. Any suggestions? Think I'm doomed to pay $$ for a good tailor? lol
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's true or not? But Dr Oz say's if you hold weight in you thighs, cut sugar and carbs.
  • Sookie_182
    Sookie_182 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Question for all you lovely ladies. What are your favorite jean brand? Jeans type? Since I started lifting I have had the worst time with jeans and how they fit in the thighs?! My thighs are roughly 25 inches and arent as squishy like they once were. Now my thighs are pulling down my waist all the time, and finding jeans are becoming a hassle. Not too mention constantly pulling up my waistline every 10 mins, even with a belt. Any suggestions? Think I'm doomed to pay $$ for a good tailor? lol

I have this problem the whole time... jeans fit the thighs but most of the time are too big up top... bane of my life!! :grumble:
  • Ruz456
    Ruz456 Posts: 99
    Options
    It isnt possible to reduce body fat in a certain area the only solution is to reduce your overall body fat levels, doing exercises to target your legs and thighs will increase muscle tone and definition but if your goal is to reduce the body fat in your legs then those exercises wont do it, doing cardio and reducing body fat will, just keep doing what your doing and you'll see results soon enough, keep up the good work!
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    A girl at the gym called me quadzilla...so I completely hear you all.

If you have some weight to lose, your thighs will slim out some. Like mentioned before, if your thighs are large from fat, over all fat loss will slim them down. You can lose fat from specific parts, genetics determins where fat goes first and where it comes off first. Lunges, squats and other lower body exercises will tone your legs, give them shape and definition while adding to the fat loss process.

My legs are a size or two larger than my waist and it is such a pain for finding jeans. My *kitten* is always hanging out, even with a belt. Plus now that most jeans are "skinny", forget about it. I don't need to taper anything down from my thighs. Today I have on American Eagle boyfriend 77 jeans I bought about 5 years ago. They fit pretty well. I also have found some Silver jeans to fit well too. I also have a pretty extensive belt collection!

You won't see me wearing a mini skirt, but when I wear Under Armor shorts to the gym, usually someone has something to say about my legs. I'll take and embrace that.

Plus, these legs allow me to deadlift 307#!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Most definitely squats adn I would say Treadmill incline...and Spinning all has helped with my thighs looking tighter and leaner..I have lost alot of inches that way...Hope this helps...You will do fine getting them down...
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    As a woman with large thighs, I say learn to love and embrace them.

:drinker: here, here!! My thick thighs are one of my best assets. I need something to hold up all my yummy goodness as I strut my sexy stuff. I personally don't think chicken legs can make a statement :blushing:

PS I do utilize squats, lunges and the stairs whenever possible.
  • fnkygrl
    Options
    Thats my main problem my thighs are a size or 2 bigger then my waist so I have a problem fininding jeans that fit :(