Unexpected downfalls of being a parent....

Options

Replies

• Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Going to pick up their dirty laundry piled in the bathroom floor and finding a little "surprise" at the bottom. :noway: I'm waiting for my sons to get over that stage.

They both also seem to miss the toilet consistently or manage to pee all over the seat. Trust me, you don't want to be the person coming in after them sometimes to use the bathroom.

Finding insects in little containers that they've 'collected' all around the house. Thankfully it's just been grasshoppers lately.
  • Babygirl082578
    Babygirl082578 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Explaining to my son that just because he CAN pee anywhere does not mean that he should pee everywhere...

I have a girl and this was an issue with her too. Not now that she is older but when she was smaller. She now at least hides behind our shed or on the side the house when outside swimming.

At my old job the president of our division came into town. We were all dressed up and on our best behavior and he walked into my office and asked for a bandaid. I opened my desk drawer and the only kind I had was Dora!!!!! He laughed so hard bc he really had no choice and had to stand up in front of about 100 people and speak with a Dora bandaid on his hand!
    He never forgot me though and from what I hear told the story a few time about how I took care of him with my excellent single mom skills. :)
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Going to work witha ton of temporary kid tattoos all over my arms....

LOL You're lucky it's not permanent. My kids are drawn to permanent marker for some reason.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Oh favorite is when they are saying something and it sounds totally different.

"Clock" to "Co*k"
    or
    "mommy look at my funky hair" to "mommy look at my Fuc**en hair"
  • atsteele
    Options
    Knowing all of the Spongebob episodes and actually singing "it's the best day ever" song with them.

For my husband- It would have to be..finding toys in his work boots and bookbag. Gotta send daddy off with a toy, right?

LOL re Spongebob songs; I love this song!!

Spongebob: It's not about winning, it's about fun!
    Plankton: What's that?
    Spongebob: Fun is when you...fun is...it' like...it's kinda...sorta like a...
    What is fun?? HERE...Let me spell it for you!

Spongebob:
    F is for Friends who do stuff together.
    U is for You and me.
    N is for Anywhere and anytime at all.

Sea Creatures:
    Down here in the deep blue sea!

Plankton:
    F is for Fire that burns down the whole town.
    U is for URANIUM...BOMBS!
    N is for No survivors when you're-

Spongebob:
    Plankton! Those things aren't what fun is all about!
    Now, do it like this,
    F is for Friends who do stuff to-

Plankton:
    Never! That's completely idiotic!

Spongebob:
    Here, Let me help you...
    F is for friends who do stuff together.
    U is for You and me, TRY IT!

Plankton:
    N is for Anywhere and anytime at all.

Sea Creatures:
    Down here in the deep blue sea!

Plankton:
    Wait...I don't understand ...I feel all tingly inside...
    Should we stop?

Spongebob:
    No! That's how you're supposed to feel!

Plankton:
    Well I like it! Lets do it again!

Spongebob:
    Okay!

Spongebob & Plankton:
    F is for Frolic through all the flowers.
    U is for Ukelele.
    N is for Nose picking, chewing gum, and sand licking.
    Here with my best buddy.

(Laughing part)

Sea Creatures:
    Down in the deep blue sea.!

*hangs head in shame* Sorry.
  • atsteele
    Options
    Having to explain to the police that there was no real emergency when my son called 911 trying to get his sister locked up for being mean.

Had a nice police officer show up at my doorstep asking who dialed 911. My son was testing it out to see what happens.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    at least once a day i sing the Wonder Pets "teamwork" song to my coworkers and most of them look at me like i have a 3rd eye.
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    Anyone ever stepped on a hot wheels car or a lego? Ouch!!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Had to take my son to work for an hour or so when there was no one to pick him up. He walked into the middle of a meeting I was having in the office next door and announced "MOMMY, I have to POOOOOOP." Luckily the two other folks in my meeting are parents, too, and just laughed.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    The way they can mis-interpret information.... "and that's how Jesus became one of the living dead."

HA! This one is FANTASTIC.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    wonderpet,s wonderpets, We're on our way...
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    My 18 month old daughter vomiting all over the table at a restaurant bc she doesn't like the consistency of mashed potatoes...to ,ake it worse, we were out with friends...lol
  • leilani♥
    Options
    this morning my 4 year old threw a fit because she couldn't find a shirt that was "pretty" enough to wear to school....

and after reading all these posts I have the backyardigan theme song in my head fml LOL
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Being:

Peed on
    Puked on
    *kitten* on

And yet, you still love them afterwards.
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    Bubble, bubble, bubble, guppy, guppy, guppies!
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    the stupidest movie ever made...

"Shark boy and Lava girl"

A movie that needs to be watched everyday? Ask my 3 & 6 year olds... it is a MANDITORY movie..
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Once I was standing in line at the grocery store - having a rare moment to myself when I was still a stay at home mome - when the lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked, "do you have small children?"

I couldn't imagine why she'd ask that, so I said, "yes, why do you ask?"

She then pulled the back of my shirt around for me to see that the entire back of if was covered in spit-up.

Good times.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    the stupidest movie ever made...

"Shark boy and Lava girl"

A movie that needs to be watched everyday? Ask my 3 & 6 year olds... it is a MANDITORY movie..
    Cars or Cars 2

I've watched everyday I've spent with them for the last 365 days. Now we've added Tangled into the mix.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Trying to get ready for work last night found myself sucked into "How to Train Your Dragon" just by walking thru the living room. Stood there for 20 minutes watching before I realized I was going to be late for work if I didn't get moving lol.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Trying to get ready for work last night found myself sucked into "How to Train Your Dragon" just by walking thru the living room. Stood there for 20 minutes watching before I realized I was going to be late for work if I didn't get moving lol.

know it by heart. Even had a a how to train your dragon cake for my son's birthday, I have to say, it is one of the better ones for him to be obsessed with.