Where do I find 128g of protein in one day!!??

Options
2»

Replies

• GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Jeez I love this site, it's so nice feeling like other people CARE that I'm working on losing weight.

So the results are in.....(drum roll please)

PROTEIN POWDER IT IS!!

I'd go with upping your tuna, eggs and cottage cheese too Protein shakes are great but I wouldnt substitute it for real food. Maybe as an after workout boost but my personal trainer said dont subsitute for real food. Hope this helps,!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Jeez I love this site, it's so nice feeling like other people CARE that I'm working on losing weight.

So the results are in.....(drum roll please)

PROTEIN POWDER IT IS!!

good call - I usually do mine as my dinner snack as its best when used to "repair" muscles, etc. Good luck, sweetie!
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of places you can sneak a bit of protein powder into for normal recipes. Add it to your coffee, eggs, pudding, sauces... Just find places to kinda sneak it in.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I eat a minimum of 300g protein a day (doctor's orders for a metabolic disorder), and 25 carbs or fewer.

My go-to foods:
    Grilled chicken breast, fish filet, pork chop, steak... just use spices, not high-carb sauces, for flavor.
    Hard-boiled eggs are a great snack, 0 carbs & 6 protein per.
    Hard cheese... you can find a lot of different flavors, and a 2-0z snack usually has about 14g protein.
    For a treat, I'll put a scoop of chocolate protein powder into a cup of plain Greek yogurt, and there's 30g right there.
    I also make things like spinach quiche and low-carb meatloaf.
    Best veggies for max protein & min carbs are spinach & other leafy greens, & mushrooms.

You have yours set pretty low, so you could probably do it without this, but... since I am required to eat so much protein, I use a protein powder supplement. I usually have a scoop of protein powder in my drink with every meal or snack. Syntrax Nectar has a lot of different flavors, it's just like having a glass of juice or a chocolate shake or a cappuccino, except I'm getting 23g protein each time.

It also helps to spread things out during the day. If you only eat a couple of meals a day, you'd be full long before you get enough protein. I eat every three hours. I'm not hungry that often, have to set my phone alarm to remind myself, but it really works well for me.

Message or "friend" me if you're interested in some recipes, or you can just do a search for low-carb or paleo or primal recipes on this site. Good luck to you!
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of places you can sneak a bit of protein powder into for normal recipes. Add it to your coffee, eggs, pudding, sauces... Just find places to kinda sneak it in.

careful whey protein is destroyed when heated. You have to make sure you do not get it too hot.. i.e. forget about making a protein muffin ;)
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options

careful whey protein is destroyed when heated. You have to make sure you do not get it too hot.. i.e. forget about making a protein muffin ;)

You're talking about denaturing protein, which is ok. If denaturization destroyed protein, then you couldn't get any protein from cooked meat or fried eggs. Pretty sure heat is added when protein bars are made too.

I think the cut-off for destroying whey protein is like 70C. Sooo just don't add it to boiling tea water. Adding it to a sauce? Do it at the end, or just don't let it bubble.

Ok, in hindsight after ranting/researching, yeah no protein muffins. No baking or barbequeing. Frying is ok though!
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I eat a minimum of 300g protein a day (doctor's orders for a metabolic disorder), and 25 carbs or fewer.

My go-to foods:
    Grilled chicken breast, fish filet, pork chop, steak... just use spices, not high-carb sauces, for flavor.
    Hard-boiled eggs are a great snack, 0 carbs & 6 protein per.
    Hard cheese... you can find a lot of different flavors, and a 2-0z snack usually has about 14g protein.
    For a treat, I'll put a scoop of chocolate protein powder into a cup of plain Greek yogurt, and there's 30g right there.
    I also make things like spinach quiche and low-carb meatloaf.
    Best veggies for max protein & min carbs are spinach & other leafy greens, & mushrooms.

As Ali G would say,.... "Respect!"
  • KatyG0409
    KatyG0409 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump for the info...thanks for posting this questions, I needed help in this area too!
  • princessthecat22
    princessthecat22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Egg whites