TEAM THIN IT TO WIN IT: OCTOBER NYBNY CHALLENGE

Replies

• dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    I really want to get down to 170, I haven't seen that number in a couple years. I'd like to reach it by NYE so I can wear a dress I ordered for last NYE which turned out to be too small.

Other things I want to work on are feeling comfortable in public, with friends, etc so that I have a good time. I pretty much killed my social life because of this problem. It'd be nice to balance healthy lifestyle with occassional drinking on weekends.

i hear ya. i still dont really feel comfortable althoughh i think its getting a bit better.
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    My first mini goal is to be 200 by Halloween, and I really have to kick it in gear! I've been slacking lately because of school work. I'm on campus from 8am to 8pm straight most days! So it's really hard to go to the gym or find time to. That's what I get for choosing one of the hardest professions to study... :tongue:
    Anyway, I'm really going to need to find a way to get motivated for the next couple weeks as major things start winding down. But once I have the bridesmaids dress ordered next Monday, I think the realization that I need to really get a move on will sink in. It's so hard to get myself motivated when there is so much other things going on!

Thanks for reading my rant!! :happy:

Oh, and I did 25 of each yesterday!
  • rebeccask
    rebeccask Posts: 140 Member
    My first mini goal is to be 200 by Halloween, and I really have to kick it in gear! I've been slacking lately because of school work. I'm on campus from 8am to 8pm straight most days! So it's really hard to go to the gym or find time to. That's what I get for choosing one of the hardest professions to study... :tongue:
    Anyway, I'm really going to need to find a way to get motivated for the next couple weeks as major things start winding down. But once I have the bridesmaids dress ordered next Monday, I think the realization that I need to really get a move on will sink in. It's so hard to get myself motivated when there is so much other things going on!

Thanks for reading my rant!! :happy:

Oh, and I did 25 of each yesterday!

I don't know if you live in a dorm or a house, but you could find a workout dvd that's only like 30 minutes and do that before classes or after. It's not necessary to spend hours in a gym, anything is better than nothing. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and it's only 26-28 minutes with warm-up/stretching. I bought the dvd on amazon for $6. And just really be aware of how many calories you're putting in, if this is crunch time, you'll have to be honest! You can do it girl!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    My next goal is to fully fit into the two pairs of jeans that are taunting me from my closet. They fit on, but they are so tight they give me a muffin top!
  • dipsl19
    My next goal is to fully fit into the two pairs of jeans that are taunting me from my closet. They fit on, but they are so tight they give me a muffin top!

AMEN. my thing is i want to buy new jeans, i only have one size 14 pair that i fit into right now. theyre getting loose but i dont want to buy a new pair until i can go to the next size. i think when that happens im gonna buy like 5 pairs lol :tongue:
  • dipsl19
    WEDNESDAY'S QUESTION: what has been your proudest moment/biggest achievement of your weight loss journey so far?
  • Proudest? I'm such a blabber that I have probably said or blogged about it already. Let me think about it a bit. hmm...
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Let me catch up from yesterday, we had a holiday yesterday so I was busy all day yesterday. Anywho, my next goal, hmmmm I REALLY want to be in ONEderland by Christmas, but that is 25 lbs away and time is fleeting, so I am thinking ONEderland by Valentines day!

My proudest moment, just having stuck it out for 3 months now. I was always able to diet for a few weeks or maybe a month, but I am just proud of myself that I have stuck to it, even though the weight loss has really slowed.
  • rebeccask
    proudest moment on this journey so far is probably running my first 5k. the fact that i run on a regular basis is a major success for me.
  • dipsl19
    proudest moment on this journey so far is probably running my first 5k. the fact that i run on a regular basis is a major success for me.

!!! me toooooo! i love running. too bad we dont live close or youd probably have to be running buddies with me :P i need to sign up for a 5k!! i ran it on the treadmill but thats just not the same. it needs to be *official* haha
  • dipsl19
    Let me catch up from yesterday, we had a holiday yesterday so I was busy all day yesterday. Anywho, my next goal, hmmmm I REALLY want to be in ONEderland by Christmas, but that is 25 lbs away and time is fleeting, so I am thinking ONEderland by Valentines day!

My proudest moment, just having stuck it out for 3 months now. I was always able to diet for a few weeks or maybe a month, but I am just proud of myself that I have stuck to it, even though the weight loss has really slowed.

lori i bet you could get to onederland MID january lol :) january seriously needs its own mini holiday in there somewhere (i mean besides new years...)

*clap* for the 3 months... im with ya. i was so stop and go with losing weight ever since i graduated, its nice to be on a continuous downward slope right now :)
  • rebeccask

!!! me toooooo! i love running. too bad we dont live close or youd probably have to be running buddies with me :P i need to sign up for a 5k!! i ran it on the treadmill but thats just not the same. it needs to be *official* haha

I really want a running buddy and warmer weather! It's warmer in NJ than WI, right? haha. And just sign up for one! I was so hesitant about it at first. google 5k races in your area.
  • wvualum

lori i bet you could get to onederland MID january lol :) january seriously needs its own mini holiday in there somewhere (i mean besides new years...)

I am off for MLK day?? So maybe Onederland by MLK day January 16th. :bigsmile:
  • dipsl19

ohh yeah that totally works!! forgive me martin luther king! i forgot about your day and i am terribly sorry lol
  • wvualum

ohh yeah that totally works!! forgive me martin luther king! i forgot about your day and i am terribly sorry lol

I bet he will forgive you! He was that kind of guy! :happy:
  • dipsl19

I really want a running buddy and warmer weather! It's warmer in NJ than WI, right? haha. And just sign up for one! I was so hesitant about it at first. google 5k races in your area.

i HAS to be warmer lol but how much idk. right now im running on the treadmill at the gym because i dont have any other way of tracking how many miles i go and i dont have extra money for a pedometer right now (my stupid heart rate monitor doesnt track miles). i much prefer being outside though!

as for the 5k, im totally gonna do it! maybe this sunday. right now i have this weird pain in my side soo idk if ill make it... im going to the doctors today to have it checked out.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    My proudest moment would have to be when one of my guy friends told my other friends that he knew I was always hot, but DAMN was I fine now. I don't know, it just made me feel less like a blob.
  • I don't know if this will technically count as a proudest moment, but here goes:

We live upstairs from my mother-in-law, so we see her almost every day and my daughter Jala will sometimes go downstairs to hang out with her for a little while before dinner. Well, a couple of weeks ago I went downstairs to fetch Jala back upstairs for dinner. My mother-in-law looked at me peculiarly and said, "Marti, I think you might be losing weight." Keep in mind that I have lost more than 70 pounds while living under the same roof with her. That's not the proud moment part. Just as I was deciding about whether or not to mention that this has been happening for a while now, my 6 year-old chimes in.

"Actually, my mom runs a lot and that is the reason why she is getting so much thinner."

Jala and I don't talk about my weight loss and I don't mention trying to lose weight in front of her although she does know when I'm going for a run. It felt good to hear her put 2 and 2 together.
  • proudest moment on this journey so far is probably running my first 5k. the fact that i run on a regular basis is a major success for me.

That's a great one! I don't like running with other people so at first I was thinking that I wasn't going to approach the race scene. Then literally 2 days ago I thought of something: I can register for and run a race all by myself. Duh! It was like a lightbulb. I'm going to do that!

And, y'all are all welcome to come run in New Orleans. It'll be great run weather from now-ish until the end of February. :wink:
  • dipsl19
    I don't know if this will technically count as a proudest moment, but here goes:

We live upstairs from my mother-in-law, so we see her almost every day and my daughter Jala will sometimes go downstairs to hang out with her for a little while before dinner. Well, a couple of weeks ago I went downstairs to fetch Jala back upstairs for dinner. My mother-in-law looked at me peculiarly and said, "Marti, I think you might be losing weight." Keep in mind that I have lost more than 70 pounds while living under the same roof with her. That's not the proud moment part. Just as I was deciding about whether or not to mention that this has been happening for a while now, my 6 year-old chimes in.

"Actually, my mom runs a lot and that is the reason why she is getting so much thinner."

Jala and I don't talk about my weight loss and I don't mention trying to lose weight in front of her although she does know when I'm going for a run. It felt good to hear her put 2 and 2 together.

do you get along with your MIL? or is she just a little spacey lol 70 lbs is A TONN!! wow. youre awesome! :drinker:

and thats really cute of your daughter~! i wanna babbyyyyy