0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Oatmeal, very good!
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast.
    3 egg whites
    Frozen Peppers Chopped up (I buy the pre-cut Peppers and onions) put them in the pan and cook them for like 2 mins to defrost them.
    1 Low Fat Tortilla
    Dab sour cream
    Salsa

Wrap and go. I know cooking sounds like it takes long. But actually this takes less time than eating cereal and the egg protein will keep you full.
  • Yellamoons
    Options
    This morning I microwaved a serving of egg beaters and 2 slices of jennie-o turkey bacon with a half a slice of 2% kraft cheese. Usually I'll have oatmeal, coffee and a fruit. Both breaksfast are quick and easy.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I also eat a PB & J for Breakfast.

English Muffin (100 calories)
    Almond Butter
    Sugar Free Jelly

I love this! The almond butter keeps you full for hours!
  • jamiekwright
    Options
    Fruit smoothie with protein powder, egg whites, like a few handfuls of cereal (cheerios or special k or something) an apple, and some greek yogurt with fruit and granola. I only do a big breakfast like this on days that I work out in the mornings and then like a 250cal lunch...
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I microwave 2 whole eggs (not beaten or stirred up) w/ salt and pepper for 2 minutes....Tastes better than boiled to me..
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Healthy cereal (i.e. one that has a decent amount of fiber) + milk + half a scoop of protein powder! As quick as you can get.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup egg whites, 1 cup chopped mushrooms, 1/2 cup chopped spinich, garlic powder, pepper..scambled up and served with 1 piece of body wise toast. Can't forget the COFFEE!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am a full time student and I also work at the hospital so I am always on the go, and need quick breakfasts too. Here are some things that I do.
    Oatmeal-quick cooking oatmeal works just like instant-without all the packaging waste and you can make it healthier and tailor it to your tastes. I do 1/3-1/2cup dry oatmeal. Put water in the kettle at night and put the oatmeal in your bowl at night (and some cinnamon/nutmeg if you like-yum! I like quite a bit of cinnamon and it decreases the sugar I add). Alarm goes off in the morning, turn the kettle on. After I add the boiled water I usually add a small organic banana and a bit of brown sugar, or banana and almond butter, sliced almonds and a bit of honey, berries, etc etc.

Or, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with sliced up fruit or with a spoonful of jam.

Smoothie-it varies, maybe a green smoothie, maybe a fruity smoothie with protein powder.

Hardboiled eggs-keep some in the fridge for when you absolutely don't even have time to scoop out cottage cheese or boil the kettle! You can get tiny containers at outdoors stores for backpacking and stick some hot sauce in it and bring that along too.

Sliced apples with almond butter.

Yogurt with fruit and/or almonds.

Brown rice wrap with almond butter and banana (I am celiac, no multigrain or whole wheat wraps for me)

If I have more time I'll make a scramble with eggs and veggies.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I make my oatmeal in the microwave! Very easy and quick and healthy.
  • kfitz10103
    Options
    I microwave 2 whole eggs (not beaten or stirred up) w/ salt and pepper for 2 minutes....Tastes better than boiled to me..

I do this and put it on a bagel thin for a total of 250 calories and 17 g protein.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My morning choices (I am so predictable)

3 Wasa light 7 grain crackers with Natural peanut butter

Mug Cinnamon Bread (search this term in MFP) the dry ingredients can be premixed in snack bags/hot out of the micro in 1min. 45 seconds

2 Slices Ezekiel sesame bread toasted with almond butter

I will almost always have a piece of fruit in addition.
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    - Poached Egg on toast
    - Banana shake with semi-skimmed milk
    - Flavoured porridge oats
  • lovebug885
    Options
    I usually have scrambled eggs (1 whole egg, 2 egg whites) with wheat toast or a bagel thin. Sometimes I will have oatmeal mixed with frozen, sugar free berries. If I am in a hurry I make wheat toast with peanut butter.
  • juls48
    juls48 Posts: 2
    Options
    On the weekend, I put together a mixture of 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant), a pinch of salt, 1 teasp of ground flax seed, 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries and 1Tablespoon of dried craisins. I put them in a plastice container with a lid and store them in the freezer. When I get to work in the a.m., I add about 3/4 cup of water and cook it in the microwave for 3 minutes. I usually add sweetener and plain non fat yogurt at this point. It's delicious, filling and the whole thing adds up to 229 calories.
  • wackynunu
    wackynunu Posts: 103
    Options
    4 oz light Activia or 1/2 cup 1% milk
    6 Prunes or 1 cup mixed frozen berries
    1 cup Oatmeal sweetened with equal or multigrain bread toast 1 of the larger slices
    Coffee

I have been cooking steel cut oats in the slow cooker and portioning into tuperware bowls to heat up quickly in the morning.

I have some variation of these every single day. Except for the rare occasion that we go out for breakfast. Ill order an egg white omelette with spinach and tomatoes and a fruit cup.
  • mushalek
    Options
    1/2 cup dannon greek yogurt - 60 kcal
    1 package oatfit oatmeal - 100 kcal
    1/4 grape fruit - 30 kcal
    1/2 cup kashi go lean -70
    1 cup wheat puffs - 60
    TOTAL = 340 with 30g of protein 3g of fat 60g carb and 11g fiber
    * plus i sprinkle cinnamon on it for extra taste and metabolism booster!
    and delicious! :)
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    2 pieces of light wheat toast with one wedge of laughing cow cheese... my new favorite flavor is light queso & chipotle!

-OR-

2 eggs-overeasy, cooked in 1/2 tsp. of Smart Balance with 2 pieces of dry wheat toast... (we have a toaster at work, so i cook eggs 5 minutes before walking out the door and wrap them in foil till i get to work!)
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi and yes I am too!! Yikes! so they tell me the ideal breakfast for optimum body burn and to keep your furnace burning is to eat oatmeal and then to have an egg and 3 whites and a piece of fruit. This gives you about your 300 and helps keep t he body functioning and being able to lose weight. Not enough in the morn isnt good and eventually will make it hard to lose weight. I have it all ready so in the morn I just grab and go....Lots of good ideas on here...