Just cause they make it in your size...

Options
13»

Replies

• Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better about yourself, then go ahead and judge people by what they wear or do.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I told a woman in a change room NOT to buy the one piece short outfit she had on. Couldn't believe she thought it looked good. :-(

Wow, that's really rude!

I think it depends on how you say it. If she said it, and then said, "But that shirt you tried on earlier was awesome," then it's one thing. I will often be in dressing rooms, and tell people I don't know that the shirt or pants they are trying on is cute.
    I always go shopping with my mom because she will tell it how it is, whereas friends lie to protect your feelings!!
    As about the actual issue at hand here...it's true - just because they make it, doesn't mean it looks good. They make those cropped shirts in XL sizes. But if you have a gut you should not be wearing it unless you're wearing a tank top underneath!! People seem to be concerned about labels rather than fit. If something looks good on you and it's from Wal-Mart, better than a too tight or too yucky colored shirt from Prada.

I suppose, but I've always found unsolicited advice rude, even if it's "good".

Really?!? Note to self, stop telling people when they have food stuck in their teeth or a booger on their nose?!? Nope... I'd rather be rude.

Telling someone they have food in their teeth or a booger hanging out is not giving advice. However, expressing your opinion in a way where the intention is for the person to listen to you is (i.e. Those shorts don't look great on you because you have thunder thighs and you should not wear them).

Giving an unsolicited opinion can be very kind or super rude depending upon how it is said and how it is received.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    WALLCREATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You shouldn't call attention to yourself like that :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi, just a brief explanation of why I am cleaning up some of the material on this thread.

The picture I deleted it clearly inappropriate for a PG 13 site.

7) No explicit, sexual, offensive, insulting or vulgar content or language. This includes any explicit or "risque" images. The MyFitnessPal forums are rated PG-13.

Although hilarious, I would clasify it 'risque'.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    You should wear what makes you happy. We don't have to all like it.
    This so much! If the person wearing the clothing like it and likes what they see in the mirror, then that's all that matters. It doesn't hurt anyone else.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't care what other people wear. I don't care what other people do. I don't care what other people say. I often wonder why I even bother living in a society, but then I remember that that is where we keep the liquor and grocery stores and I go back to sleep.
    This. 100%
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're ready, for this jelly.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I don't care what other people wear. I don't care what other people do. I don't care what other people say. I often wonder why I even bother living in a society, but then I remember that that is where we keep the liquor and grocery stores and I go back to sleep.

If I had that fancy papery stuff they call money I would live on a secluded island where my liquor and groceries was dropped off via extremely hot helicopter pilot.

He could stay for a while too..
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna think it, you don't have to say it out loud! I know I'm bad for thinking things like that...but I NEVER say it out loud. Or at least never to strangers. That was very rude to say.

And it was not in her size if she's hanging out. And honestly...it's one thing to look ridiculous but it's another when body parts that SHOULD be hidden are hanging out. I don't even like seeing a fit person's *kitten* hanging out of shorts.

I don't see why people who are a bit overweight can't dress better. I mean seriously ? At least pick stuff that is your size. Even though a fit person in say shorts with *kitten* hanging out and a shirt that looks like a bra looks better...I honestly still don't like seeing that. Cover up people. We're not at the beach! Or maybe we are...then I don't care. lol

I, in general, no matter the size don't like to see body parts hanging out of clothing.

I also find it amazing that people who are overweight are comfortable enough sometimes to wear stuff like that...even I, who is just a bit "padded" wouldn't wear something super skimpy. I rather cover up a bit and look elegant and put together instead of half naked.

But to each their own...I usually don't care. And if body parts are hanging out I just try my hardest to look in the opposite direction (though sometimes if the person is in front of me with their *kitten* hanging out it's very hard not to see unless you walk backwards!)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I always feel like I'm judged against when I wear a pink thong. Just because you don't like to see two balls hang out the side of them, doesn't mean others don't! It makes me feel sexy, and I wear it regarldess of your opinion.

*barfed in mouth* No judgment though

I usually have this effect with the ladies. No judging here.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

You made me pee my pants, I am laughing so hard right now. I may be in love.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

If I had that fancy papery stuff they call money I would live on a secluded island where my liquor and groceries was dropped off via extremely hot helicopter pilot.

He could stay for a while too..

BOTH!!:drinker:
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    comment- true, but not necessary...if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all
    This space has been left intentionally blank.

boo, spider fetish boy
  • jennajava
    Options
    comment- true, but not necessary...if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all

I will keep this in mind when I see someone with their dress tucked up into their pantyhose, when they have a booger hanging out of their nose, or when someone has b.o.

I just won't say anything at all because telling them they stink isn't nice.

:flowerforyou:

i don't see how this is the same... telling someone to zip their fly, check their skirt, or wipe their nose *is* nice...
  • jennajava
    Options
    I told a woman in a change room NOT to buy the one piece short outfit she had on. Couldn't believe she thought it looked good. :-(

Wow, that's really rude!

I think it depends on how you say it. If she said it, and then said, "But that shirt you tried on earlier was awesome," then it's one thing. I will often be in dressing rooms, and tell people I don't know that the shirt or pants they are trying on is cute.
    I always go shopping with my mom because she will tell it how it is, whereas friends lie to protect your feelings!!
    As about the actual issue at hand here...it's true - just because they make it, doesn't mean it looks good. They make those cropped shirts in XL sizes. But if you have a gut you should not be wearing it unless you're wearing a tank top underneath!! People seem to be concerned about labels rather than fit. If something looks good on you and it's from Wal-Mart, better than a too tight or too yucky colored shirt from Prada.

I suppose, but I've always found unsolicited advice rude, even if it's "good".

Really?!? Note to self, stop telling people when they have food stuck in their teeth or a booger on their nose?!? Nope... I'd rather be rude.

that's not "advice" ...dictionary.com
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

This. You should be able to wear what you want, where you want, when you want.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

^^Yes!!!
  • AuntNynah
    AuntNynah Posts: 18 Member
    Options

^^Yes!!!

Gotta agree. The amount of energy people will expend on judging other people's choices is distressing, really. Let's worry about the big things, okay? You know, poverty, abuse.............. Not somebody's clothing, or lack thereof.