Buying A HRM? :)

2»

Replies

• Great timing.

Not 5 minutes ago, I clicked "confirm" on amazon for my Zephyr HxM HRM (heart rate monitor).

Should have it in about a week. I got this one because it connects into my android phone and with the GPS software I use to track my bike rides.

Just FYI -- I don't thinkt hat one tracks calories burned.

Hmm....the zephyr website does say that it does... http://www.zephyr-technology.com/store/9600.0112.html but, the datasheet on that page doesn't indicate it.....I need to research some more.
  • alair1980
    alair1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Polar are a really good brand to buy. We had a presentation by a Polar rep at work the other day and the tools and gadgets that some of the higher level watches have are great. One of the perks of some of the watches (higher level) have is that at a later date, and as long as it's compatible, you can buy a footpod for distance (requires calibration) or an armband for GPS if you take to running outside.

Even the lower level watches had some good perks, and in a similar sense that Garmin "lead" the GPS market, Polar can be said to "lead" the HRM market.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Wow...thanks, everyone!!! :D I think I'm going to go with the Polar FT7 :)