late and 990 calories left...what do i do?

Options
soooo it's 10pm and i have 990 calories left....do i eat them or not?

help! :)

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Eat if you're hungry. Plan better tomorrow.
  • sandi50lock
    sandi50lock Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't eat them it is to late to eat and lay down on, Eat some fruit that is alot of calorie let over
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    i found the easiest thing i can eat when its getting close to my bed time and i still have ALOT of calories left to eat, i usually make a slice of toast or two and put some peanut butter on it. usually about 600 calories and its not as bad for carbs / fat as i thought
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Have a bowl of cereal (I love cereal before bed) and plan better next time....
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Gosh, how many did your start with? In any case, I wouldn't eat that many calories right before bed. Are you hungry? If not, just go to bed. One day isn't going to matter. If you feel like you need to eat something, maybe just a little protein.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know...I like to eat too much.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Eat a little over tomorrow.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Eat a little over tomorrow.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options
    Sure. If you are hungry eat them. Your body does not care what time of day you eat, and unlike many people think, your metabolism does not shutdown at night. It keeps working 24/7. If you look at the total amount of calories you burn in a day including your activity, unless you are very active the majority is your BMR which is what your body needs to burn just to stay alive. Those calories burn the whole 24 hour day. The only effect eating late may have is a higher weight in the morning because the food is still digesting when you wake up.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Have a bowl of cereal (I love cereal before bed) and plan better next time....

Please don't eat a bowl of carbs right before bed.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options

^^^^ this. Maybe some peanut butter, get some protein and cals in.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    I'm in the same boat--already had breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 2 snacks and still have 985 left over. I'm just not hungry at all and am going to call it a night. No use eating something if your body doesn't want it. That's my opinion.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter!
  • kathyrantsalot
    Options
    I always have extra every day. But I'm not hungry and I'm not making myself suffer either. I'd eat something light. I ate dinner late tonight and I hate that but my day was just crazy and I walked after work. Just remember, don't be hard on yourself and please eat if you are hungry. :flowerforyou:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

This..... but eat a bit of something even if you aren't hungry, that's a whole lot of cals to have left over.
    Have you tried entering your meals/exercise for the next day ahead of time - I do this so I know how many I need to eat during hte day. It doesn't matter if things change, I just adjust my cals and if I'm a bit over or under I don't stress - but nearly 1000 cals to spare - that's too much.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Nah. Don't bother. One day under wont kill you. I wouldnt anyway... but my calories for the day are only 1200.

However if you are hungry, a spoonful of peanut butter is easy and delicious. :)
  • pika8202
    pika8202 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stay away from complex carbs (Eg Cereals, bread) so close to bed. all they will do is spike your insulin, and cause you to store fat.

If you are hungry try some fat free yoghurt and a handful of nuts (pistachios, almonds)
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'd eat something so your metabolism doesn't shut down. Maybe a bowl of ice cream. I've been eating all of my calories per day regardless if I'm hungry and things are going well. When I wasn't eating all of my allotted calories my metabolism shut down and I wasn't losing anything. But, your call. Have a nice night!
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    if some are exercise cals I would not eat them
    but maybe a nice warm drink before bed could use some of those cals up
    me I think I would hit the peanut butter jar with that many cals left

good luck on planning for tomorrow
    I finally seem to be able to plan and get nearer to my cal allowance :)
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    I just did that--made a peanut butter sandwich out of a couple slices of Orowheat's 100% wheat sandwich rounds. It helped me get my carb total up which always seems to be low. It was tasty and satisfying.

However, I will add that if you are over 1200 calories already today and are not hungry, then I wouldn't worry about the leftover calories.