late and 990 calories left...what do i do?

Options

Replies

• LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Have a bowl of cereal (I love cereal before bed) and plan better next time....

me too:heart:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    I'd eat something so your metabolism doesn't shut down. Maybe a bowl of ice cream. I've been eating all of my calories per day regardless if I'm hungry and things are going well. When I wasn't eating all of my allotted calories my metabolism shut down and I wasn't losing anything. But, your call. Have a nice night!

Metabolism does not shut down from one day of sever caloric restriction. A person can fast for up to 72 hours with no decrease in metabolism. In fact, for at least the first 24 hours (and I believe longer) of fasting metabolism actually goes up.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Please don't eat a bowl of carbs right before bed.

why? will the insulin fairy come and turn all those carbs into fat?
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    Stay away from complex carbs (Eg Cereals, bread) so close to bed. all they will do is spike your insulin, and cause you to store fat.

If you are hungry try some fat free yoghurt and a handful of nuts (pistachios, almonds)

doesn't matter what time you eat! all food is stored the same regardless of time of day...silly goose:laugh:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you need: cheesecake! :wink:

I am actually serious. I like to hit my macros in my basic daily caloric allowance and then eat what I want with my exercise calories. What fun is working out if I don't get to spend my calories how I want?
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options

lololololol
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I am actually serious. I like to hit my macros in my basic daily caloric allowance and then eat what I want with my exercise calories. What fun is working out if I don't get to spend my calories how I want?

i had cheesecake and ice cream tonight for dessert!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Uh duh, I thought you knew cellulite comes from the insulin fairy.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

*goes to get the Carnegie deli cheesecake from the fridge*

I knew it was there for a reason.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    *shakes fist at cheesecake indulgers* :drinker:
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    EAT! Or else . . .
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDW_L-8J2IB35HvyzaBpCututqTwzsl94hY7fEW21-CsLHr3WF2w:laugh:
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    The one thing I will say is if you are not hungry don't worry about it. One day that far under is not going to ruin everything. Do *not* eat if you are not hungry. A lot of people are overweight because they eat when they are not hungry. Telling yourself you have to eat even when you are not hungry is not a habit anyone should get into.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of misinformation here.

Except for the cheesecake suggestion, of course. Everyone knows cheesecake is delicious.
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Are these exercise calories or base plan calories? If they are exercise calories, go to bed. If they are base plan calories, eat a little protein and plan better tomorrow.

If you are going to have a really good dessert, tonight would be the night...ahhh, cheesecake...
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg sammich. No salt, a pinch of cheese. Mwah (kisses fingertips)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of misinformation here.

Unfortunately.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    The one thing I will say is if you are not hungry don't worry about it. One day that far under is not going to ruin everything. Do *not* eat if you are not hungry. A lot of people are overweight because they eat when they are not hungry. Telling yourself you have to eat even when you are not hungry is not a habit anyone should get into.

Lots of people are here because they are totally out of touch with what their body *needs*. After a hard workout their body needs nourishment, whether they feel hungry or not. While you are learning to properly fuel your body you may have to not eat when you're hungry on occasion - and other times you may have to eat when you're not.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like cheesecake.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    no
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    990 calories? My wife gets 1200 for the whole day!
    Did you not eat or just burn 1000 calories in exercise?