Options
123457»

Replies

• gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late!
    CW: 129.6
    Sooo I'm back up :sad: and totally bummed about it! On Friday I went to see my doctor for some blood test results. Everything was fine but he said my cholesterol is a bit high. He told me I need to lose at least 20% body fat (20 pounds)!! This kind of upset me because that seems like such an unrealistic number. If I lost 20 pounds I'd only be 109 lbs, and that hardly seems healthy. I've also been of track this week due to it being Thanksgiving here in Canada. But today is a new day and it's time to get back on track.

That is extremely unreasonable! I've read that Women: Age <30 = 14-21%, Age 30-50 = 15-30%, Age 50+ = 16-25% are the "healthy" percentages for body fat. Unless you have over 40% body fat (which I can not image you do if you only weigh 129 lbs) I'm sorry to say your doctor is off his rocker!!!! I'm 153 pounds and my body fat is between 28% & 31% depending on my water retention. There is no way I could or would even want to lose 20% body fat.

Get yourself a good body fat scale and track it yourself.... and find a different doctor :angry: :angry:
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Missing 8 weigh-ins:

cohawk11
    kjnicol
    Mary_Kate
    mollybeslimmer
    Neize
    steibll
    SunnyDenise
    wolfpack111
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Good morning my fellow CCC'ers. I am back, focused and ready to kick this weight loss into high gear. I can't wait to see the scale moving downward again. I am feeling healthy and rejuvenated.

I will post my weight next week.

Thanks
    Gen
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to post this last night...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/364771-christmas-countdown-challenge-closed-week-12?page=1#posts-4955515

THIS THREAD IS NOW DEAD. PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE.
    THANK YOU :flowerforyou: