What to do when you REALLY want chocolate?????

Options

Replies

• Scoobies87
    Options
    Just eat it! It's not going to kill you :) I factor a treat into my diet everyday and still lose weight. If you fancy a massive chocolate splurge then go for it, just exercise to counter act it. Now go and eat some chocolate and enjoy! :)
  • krik84
    krik84 Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm sure some people will look down on this but I will eat a spoonful of dry ovaltine. It's delicious (esp if you don't like that dark choc taste), and it's only 40 cal for 2 tablespoons and it actually does have some good vitamins and minerals in it
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Low cal hot chocolate or a snack size choccie bar or a low cal choccie mousse from M&S.
  • mrskaylaforthewin
    Options
    Are there any suggestions or alternatives to when your REALLY craving chocolate?? I have to admit for being a major chocolate lover I have been doing good not having chocolate except maybe on my cheat day and even then I sometimes don't have any. It's been 1 month now and today I REaLLY REally wanted some chocolate!!! I had some just a little but my question to everyone is is there a such thing as a healthy chocolate?? Or what do you guys suggest as an alternative???? HELP PLEASE!!!!! Thanx!! :smile:
    go get some special k with chocolate ..eat a bowl:) or fiber one chocolate bar ^.^
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have 1 tablespoon of semi-sweet chocolate chips and eat them one at a time. :-)
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yeah, fit it into your calories. Life is too short to give up chocolate. I do wish I had the will power to eat 1 piece of a candy bar though. If I know it is still there, especially opened, I'll finish it off. I do treat myself to a bowl of chocolate ice cream several times a week. The Breyers smooth and dreamy 1/2 fat chocolate is only 120 calories for a 1/2 cup.
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CHOCOLATE AND SATISFY MY CRAVINGS WITH A MILKYWAY.
  • jaxson1974
    Options
    I eat a Cadbury thins if you can get them in your area. I love them, and they hit the spot for me.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I really eat it.
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I eat a small square of the dark chocolate. :)

What she said

What they said lol and I also have Hot Chocolate cuz even just reg kind made with water is only 90cal or just have like small square of chocolate! Dont give it up all together you wont make it if you give up what you LOVE! Oh and snack well's 100cal chocolate chip cookies drizzled with fudge works wonders 2!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, avoid those Sugar free chocolate candies. They say on there that "excessive consumption may have a laxative effect." BULL. TINY consumption can have a laxative effect! Someone gave me some sugar free peanut butter cups. I ate ONE and was in and out of the bathroom all day long. Major stomach pains, too. It's probably the sugar alcohols in them. They tasted fine, but the end result (no pun intended!) was NOT FUN.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I would suggest have chocolate, just decide how much you're going to have factor the calories into your food for that day or exercise to make up for them. banning everything you like will just lead to failure. Im having a choc ice later, I have the calories for it so its not a problem.
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of Hershey nuggets that I have hidden away and only eat it when it's one of those moments that I know I can't live without it. sometimes if I know I wont be able to stop at one or two I don't eat it till my husband gets home and can put it somewhere out of my reach.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I would eat it and then log it and move on.

I hate feeling deprived. I think the best way for this to be a long term lifestyle change is figure out how to make the foods I love...fit for me.

Good luck.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I eat a small square of the dark chocolate. :)

Yup, that's it. Dark choco is full of anti-oxidants so its good for you. I eat 3 squares of it when Im craving and it's just somewhere around 100 cals.

And, it's a good fat. :smile: I eat dark chocolate (or semi-sweet chocolate chips) a few times a week. I can't tell you how much a waffle with chocolate chips & dark cherries puts me in a great mood!
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i will eat a small serving of something chocolatey!! preferably dark chocolate for more antioxidants BUT otherwise i will have some nutella, or chocolate almond milk or make a smoothie with chocolate almond milk, peanut butter and half a banana with ice mmmmmmmm.
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I love Fiber One 90 cal Peanut butter bars.
    OMG I have at least 2 a day.
    Best "health-esque" food you will have in your mouth!!!
  • Jbstumpe
    Options
    I exercise myself some extra chocolate calories! Then eat chocolate, with what can only be described as an inappropriately blissful look on my face. ;)

Spread the love, walk the dog, and eat the chocolate! <3
    (BTW Walden Farms has a zero cal. chocolate syrup. It's packed with chemicals, so don't go crazy, but you can thin out nutella or another spread [like Nocciolata which is a million times better] and put it on a toasted slice of Publix's reduced calorie bread. Drink it down with a coffee replacement [like Postum] sweetened with Stevia Plus Fiber [Unsweetened Almond milk is 35 cal. a glass, go ahead and add a shot of that too]. It's the perfect thing on a cold day, or for your little quiet moment when you curl up with a book, plus it's GOOD for you. However, don't go denying yourself of the love all the time, doll, we all need a big hunk of chocolate every now and then. No shame, eat a Whole Food's 365 dark chocolate with almonds bar, that's my fave.) ;D
  • efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    I really like the Fiber One 90 cal. brownies. I heat it in the microwave for about 20 seconds so it is warm first. Makes a great dessert and takes away that sweet craving for me.

:)
    Erika

ADVICE: Don't heat the Fiber One brownies still in the package in the microwave. It's not so good on your microwave!!

I don't leave them in the package - I put them on a plate first :)
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz says the only cure for a chocolate craving is to have some chocolate. Keep it small and preferably dark chocolate over milk chocolate.