5'8" - 5'9" Guys

Options
2»

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I started at 184, definitely way to heavy. My goal is to to get lean, and then add muscle on top. I still have a gut I want to lose, and so I can build abs

My friend, I'm 5'7" tall, and weigh 180lbs right now. With ANY amount of muscle...and I mean any...2" taller than I am and 150lbs would be a stick. Particularly if you're doing strength training.

My advice is to throw your goal weight out the window...and concentrate on bodyfat percentages. For an example, if you look in my gallery, my profile picture, and the last picture in the list...I'm about 19% (at 180lbs as I said). I'd like to get down to 10-12% or so...just to see what it looks like lol...but I think I'd mostly like to maintain about 15%. If I gained NO more muscle, 15% bodyfat would put me at 165lbs...and again, I'm 5'7". With 2" more...I'd need another 10lbs minimum to look right.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My husband (5'9" too) is about 160, down from "normal" of 170ish, back into a 30" waist. As old fashioned as it sounds, I just like it when he weighs more than me, which hasn't always been the case with me having babies and all that.
  • anonoymous1
    anonoymous1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I want to go for 160 , but I may go lower than that. Definitely not lower than 150.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!