what's your ideal?

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    If possible, I'd like to look like the middle picture. I started as a 20, am down to a 16, and just about into 14s, but I don't look anywhere close to the middle picture yet. I'm not aiming for a size, just want to get healthy, lose the fat, and feel better about myself. Whatever size I wind up being is what I wind up being (I know, that was super deep) :smile:
  • branflake5
    Options
    i don't think mens ideal is a size 12, i'm 5'8 and a size 11/12 and got hit on way way more 4 years ago when I was a size 7/8.

which is what I would love to get back to.
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm a 10, and will be happy at size 8.
  • crystalbistol
    crystalbistol Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    8-10
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    I'm 5'8" - Went from a tight 12 (should have been 14) 3 months ago and now I'm a comfortable 6-8 and I love it.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i hate this picture, because it is total bullsh*t.

They airbrush the 1st and 2nd chicks (from the left), and put the middle one in nice lighting.

While the other two girls have perfect legs etc (no cellulite or knees here!) they give the 3rd chick no airbrushing, or if any, exaggerate her knees etc. Then they give her an older, uglier face and hair.

Obviously going by this picture, most would choose the middle chick. In real life, however, how many people her size actually look like that? In real life, the last option seems to be the ideal.
  • aljeca
    aljeca Posts: 83
    Options
    sizes are different depending on where you live in the world... ex a size 12 in England is like a size 8 in Canada... sooooo without knowing where the pic is from you can't say whether the sizes are "accurate". I think it's true about the ideals/average though. I wouldn't want to be as small as the small girl pictured though.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I'll be honest, I'll feel pretty smoking when I hit the first one, but eventually I'd like to end up at the middle.

Mostly, though, I want to feel strong and healthy. And womanly.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I just want to point out if someone already hasn't that the women in that ad are UK sizes.

They are really about a 4, 8 and 10 US.

Also I am pretty sure the one on the end has been stretched.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Size 4-8. All of those women are very tall. That would look significantly different if it were short women. I'm 5'3, and a 4-8 would look healthy on me. Anything above that starts looking chunky.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to see real examples of different sizes, try out Mybodygallery.com. It's a much better depiction. I think that depiction is pretty off.
  • wutangcog
    wutangcog Posts: 1
    Options
    i look like the girl in the middle but i wish i was the girl on the right. i used to look like that 4-8 one. then went up to a 16 and am now a 10. i cant help thinking i look like the girl on the left though. i wish i could accept how i look as beautiful but i cant believe people when they say it. my ideal size is a 7
  • Fat_Jimi
    Fat_Jimi Posts: 81
    Options
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    The picture is very wrong, as was stated, I would say I am the size "8" right now at a size 6 to 7 and here is me. Also I aim to be a size 5 but I am aiming more for 18% BF and am currently at 21%
    6553648_4845.jpg
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm almost my ideal size now. I'm generally a size 8 (sometimes 6, sometimes 10...depending on the outfit). I'd like to be a solid size 6, though.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    297484_286325444730255_142392342456900_1099193_875812173_n.jpg

Either of the first 2.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    ideal is US 2. mainly cos all my summer clothes are in that size and i dont want to buy fat clothes
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    this is my ideal

Camille-Leblanc-Bazinet-21.jpg

no idea what her dress size is, I don't really care either. If I had a physique like that, I wouldn't care what my dress size was.

when you're very fit and at a healthy body fat percentage, your dress size will depend on your frame size, so really it's meaningless. Just aim to be fit, strong and healthy.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    For me, probably a 16 would be ideal. Definitely don't want to be smaller than 14.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Size 4. I'm almost there (size 6 or 8).