your name

Options

Replies

• ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My name is Analeesha ( ana - lee- sha) I like it but I wish people didn't have such a hard time pronouncing it. I am thankful my mom didn't try to go crazy and add some weird stuff in there. I go by Ana for simplicity but I gat called Anna a lot. I have grown to hate that name! To clarify my name is Ana like in Tatiana, not Anna like in Hannah.
  • thesweatybetty
    thesweatybetty Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i'm the youngest betty most people have ever met. i was named after my grandmother.. so it may not have been original back then, but i'm the only betty i know.

no my name is not:

becky
    betsy
    beatrice
    elizabeth
    beth
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I love my real name. It is Kahlie means flower from heaven in Hawaiian. Pronounced the american Kaylee way. I go by my nicknames Kay, most popular after that it is cupcake and kiwi
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    No, I don't exactly like it. It's Ashley. I think other Ashley's can sympathize. I was one of dozens in my school. I'm usually called Ashley or Ash.
    My dad named me. My mom's idea was Paris.

Yeah...I hear that! Not original at all! My mom swears that no one was named that (that she knew of) and she got it from a soap opera that was on back in the 80's...nice mom, so did everyone else obviously. LoL. I don't complain much tho because she at least spelled it a little differently for me~Ashlea
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I like my real name - Melanie. I was named after one of my mom's favourite charaters on a Soap Opera :laugh: :laugh:
    My sister was named after family members but when another girl (me) came along there was no one else to name me after, LOL.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    I like my name because it was meaningful to my parents. Actually, it was to end the argument between my parents. My dad wanted Mary (after my mother) and my mom wanted Catherine (after her sister) Mary-Catherine won.

I do not go by any nicknames (unless my last name counts!) and that would be the only drawback. I don't care for nicknames, but people tend to want to shorten double first names.
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I like my name. Michelle Jeannine. (First & middle) - both have 8 letters. My last name also has 8 letters. It's harmonious and also very french sounding. (I'm half French-Canadian by heritage)
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Real = Deborah Gale and it's ok

Nickname= Stump Hate it. My principal gave it to me my senior year because when I would work the concession stands at the football game people had trouble seeing me and he said that I needed a stump to stand on.... sucks to be short sometimes. But then sometimes it's good, you can always have people reach and get something for you and you don't have to bend over to do certain activities..lol
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    I dislike my name very much....Edith, yes, just like Edith Bunker , it seem that is the only other Edith in the world because everyone says just that 'oh, like Edith Bunker?'!

I have had a lot of people tell me I have an old lady name...I am only 29! That just makes me love it even more! :explode:
    My mom named me after an actress in a Spanish soap, way back in the 80's! :laugh:

I would have loved the name of Andrea....and I go by Peque...
  • NicoleMensigg
    NicoleMensigg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have to say I love mine... Vanessa Nicole! It's a pretty hot name...even though my personality is more of the "Nikki" name. Meaning, I'm a bit of sarcastic or overly happy about things!
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    My name is Pepper! Not lyin'! Never have I met anyone with my name that it was their real name. My Dad got it from Police Woman. Angie ****inson played a character named Sgt. Suzanne "Pepper" Anderson. Mom wanted to name me Juanita Marie, Dad & Grandpa won by majority vote! :-D

Urban Dictionary is in no way shape or form flattering for my name: http://www.urbandictionary.com/names.php?names=Pepper

Yes, my favorite soda is in fact Dr. Pepper!

Nicknames I've had over the years:

Pep
    Pepa
    Pepsi
    Doc
    Pepperoni
    Pepe' Le' Pew (thanks Mom...)
    Boy with Boobs (what I get for being the biggest tomboy ever & developing physically very early! LOL)

My name is not (yep, been called all of these and more!):

Piper
    Pipper
    Paper
    Peper
    Peeper
    Pillar
    Peppa
    Pippa
    Puppa
    Penney
    Payton
    Peyote

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    My name is 2 common names put into one name: MariaPaula
    My family calls me Paula, since there are a lot of Maria (enter second name here). <<It's a Filipino/Spaniard thing.
    School & work call me MariaPaula.
    Friends call me one of the following: Maria, Paula, MP, Boobies, Booty, Popo, Woman
    -- Boobies, Booty, Popo & Woman are names from CERTAIN ppl. Only they can call me these names.--
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    My name is Pepper! Not lyin'! Never have I met anyone with my name that it was their real name. My Dad got it from Police Woman. Angie ****inson played a character named Sgt. Suzanne "Pepper" Anderson. Mom wanted to name me Juanita Marie, Dad & Grandpa won by majority vote! :-D

That's awesome!! My sister's dog's name is Pepper.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Mines Julie and I like it just fine. Uncommon enough to be somewhat unique. I go by Jules mostly though.
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love my name and my nickname! Wendy and Windy!

Tell them the whole nickname!

wendys nuts slap your chin
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I guess I like my name. Could be worse. My Dad wanted to name me after a hurricane that was approaching when my Mom went into labor with me the first time (Edith). My name is Kimberly, but I go by Kim. I'm also called Kimmy & Kimber among other things. I'm only Kimberly when I'm in trouble & Kimberly Ann when I'm REALLY in trouble.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get that a lot. People name their pets Pepper all the time! :bigsmile:
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I used to hate my name (Leyna) because no one could ever say it right. But I love it now, it's different & I don't want to be "normal" anyway. :wink:

My dad got it from a Billy Joel song- All For Leyna

Most people have never even heard of the song :laugh:
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    I guess I like my name. Could be worse. My Dad wanted to name me after a hurricane that was approaching when my Mom went into labor with me the first time (Edith). My name is Kimberly, but I go by Kim. I'm also called Kimmy & Kimber among other things. I'm only Kimberly when I'm in trouble & Kimberly Ann when I'm REALLY in trouble.

You are so lucky your dad didn't name you! :laugh:
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    JaYson
    I dont mind my name ... Just nobody spells it right unless I spell it first .. Its not that uncommon of a name.. but in my parents quest for that "unique" name they HAD to add an extra letter in there just to make it interesting LOL