The scent of a man...

Options
savethecat
savethecat Posts: 290 Member
is lingering in my dryer right now and making all my clothes smell like Axe body spray.

It's nauseating.

It makes me wonder- do women (or men who like men) really like a man to smell like this?

Replies

• joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My husband wears it, and I like it. I just can't be around him when he sprays it b/c it takes my breath away. I also like the smell of his body wash. It smells very masciuline. I love the smell of a clean man!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    No. I've always preferred men who smelled like engine grease and a run in the rain...
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I've explained this before and I'll explain it again.

In the shower:
    Body Wash: Canus Goat's Milk Soap
    Shampoo/Conditioner: Garnier products
    Facial Scrubs: St. Ives Apricot (once a week), Noxema

Shaving (The Art of Shaving Products):
    Pre-Shave Lavender Oil
    Lavender Essential Oil Shaving Cream [applied with Fine Badger Brush]
    Lavender After-Shave Balm

Deodorant and Moisturizing:
    Weleda Sage Deodorant Spray
    Aveeno Body Lotion with SPF 15

Dental Hygiene:
    Colgate Toothpaste
    Dental Floss

Cologne:
    John Varvatos or Ralph Lauren Double Black

A few take-away points from this:
    1. Between the baby soap with goat's milk and the lavender shaving product, it's no secret that I have sensitive skin.
    2. Most people wear too much cologne. The rule of thumb is that it should be worn daily, but only smelled by a lover.
    3. Most people don't floss enough.
    4. Shave with a straight razor. It's cathartic to dedicate half an hour to shaving your face and it always ends up looking better.
    5. There is no such thing as a "masculine" or "feminine" scent. Aromas do not have gender...that's really all about marketing. Santa Maria Novella's Melograno or Jo Malone's Lime Basil & Mandarin may be marketed to women, but mix one of those into your cologne regime guys.
    6. If you wear antiperspirant, you will sweat more.
    7. Care about how you look. If you care about how you look, other people will notice.

Cheers.
    -wtk
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    well i have no one scent to hang around in my dryer.. but i love a good smelling man...
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Ehh.... not really... I like natural musk, not to be confused with stench
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

In the shower:

Pre-Shave Lavender Oil

Dental Hygiene:
    Colgate Toothpaste
    Dental Floss

Cologne:

1. Between the baby soap with goat's milk and the lavender shaving product, it's no secret that I have sensitive skin.
    2. Most people wear too much cologne. The rule of thumb is that it should be worn daily, but only smelled by a lover.
    4. Shave with a straight razor. It's cathartic to dedicate half an hour to shaving your face and it always ends up looking better.
    5. There is no such thing as a "masculine" or "feminine" scent. Aromas do not have gender...that's really all about marketing. Santa Maria Novella's Melograno or Jo Malone's Lime Basil & Mandarin may be marketed to women, but mix one of those into your cologne regime guys.
    7. Care about how you look. If you care about how you look, other people will notice.

Cheers.
    -wtk

American Psycho- "I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion."
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    love a good cologne. . . can't say that I have ever had it linger past the washer though. . much less into the dryer. . Cologne on a guy. . .HOT!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    I use the body wash only, the spray is a little strong. Still, its better he is trying to smell good instead of not caring and smelling like a sewer.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I like a man who smells nice... either good clothes detergent or dryer sheets or cologne... just something when it's a special occasion. i save my perfume for the same. i have a bit of the cheap stuff that i spray on my hair before i run out to work, but each of my past loves has had a certain scent dedicated to him and only worn for him. My last b/f was Gucci Flora.... the one before that was Jean Paul Gaultier Classique.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    When a man has a distinct scent, whether it be natural or his body wash or cologne, I melt.
  • Papa_Swearingen
    Papa_Swearingen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I used to have a variety of cologne that I liked to wear, but then I moved to the big city and starting working with other people that wear far too much or a non-agreeing scent. So strong in fact that I did not have to SEE that they were present at work, but I knew they had been in a room within the last few minutes. For this reason I stopped wearing cologne, I was kind of offended. I personally think axe body spray is disgusting.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options

In the shower:

Pre-Shave Lavender Oil

Dental Hygiene:
    Colgate Toothpaste
    Dental Floss

Cologne:

Cheers.
    -wtk

Um....sigh....This....catching breath...

But...change the toothpaste to crest 3D white and slap in Oral-B anti-bacterial mouthrinse;)
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i, personally am not a fan of colognes. i like them having their own natural scent.

plus, cologne and perfume tend to get stuck in my nose for hours and it's a bit annoying
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

In the shower:

Pre-Shave Lavender Oil

Dental Hygiene:
    Colgate Toothpaste
    Dental Floss

Cologne:

Cheers.
    -wtk

Love this post. . . hmmm.. . so who trained you?
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

In the shower:

Pre-Shave Lavender Oil

Dental Hygiene:
    Colgate Toothpaste
    Dental Floss

Cologne:

Cheers.
    -wtk

Yikes....suddenly I realise I really AM a low maintenance girl!

Shampoo and conditioner - Herbal Essences
    Body wash - something with red thyme
    Garnier moisturiser
    Sure anti perspirant
    Paul Smith perfume.

Done.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    A good (i.e. usually expensive) cologne in an amount that is subtle is my fave smell. Right now my preferred scent is BANG by Marc Jacobs - it smells like black pepper and I just wanna rub all over my man like a cat when he wears it.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options

In the shower:

Pre-Shave Lavender Oil

Dental Hygiene:
    Colgate Toothpaste
    Dental Floss

Cologne:

Cheers.
    -wtk

love your syle. you must smell good LOL
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    No. I've always preferred men who smelled like engine grease and a run in the rain...

perfecto.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i, personally am not a fan of colognes. i like them having their own natural scent.

plus, cologne and perfume tend to get stuck in my nose for hours and it's a bit annoying

I feel the same way. The only perfume I can really appreciate when my wife wears it is the more natural and lightly scented "solid" kind. All that spray on stuff smells like chemicals and just hangs out in my nostrils for far too long. It gives me a headache way more than it turns me on.