Any Metal Heads on here?

Options

Replies

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    People are surprised when they see me and I say I am! :)
  • ATK57
    ATK57 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Vader, Kreator, Amon Amarth, Manowar, Judas Priest, Slipknot, Hades, Therion...
  • RockOnDawn
    Options
    Buckcherry and Fuel were cool in concert, met them when they opened for Kid Rock : )
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    Just found out Agnostic Front is playing in Wilmington a few days before thanksgiving. This show is going to rule.

AF is punk rock/hardcore. Seen them a bunch of times. They played here in Baltimore not too long ago.
  • DarthNox
    Options
    Yep, *huge* metal chick. Big fan of doom/death, black, fuzz., etc. I listen to a ton of different genres.
  • wee_wolfie
    wee_wolfie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty long list but is composed mostly of industrial, folk and power metal. It includes:
    Rammstein (favourite band)
    Alice Cooper
    Wintersun
    Manowar
    Amon Amarth
    WASP
    NIN
    Judas Priest
    Korpiklaani
    Turbonegro

I find it interesting tho that I don't listen to metal during cardio. I prefer ebm and industrial, probably because of the beat.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (more ska than metal I guess but def love them enough to mention).
    Also love the Doors and some old punk stuff (especially the Anti No-Where League) . :)
    All that and third-wave ska works for me... Less Than Jake, Buck'o'Nine, Skankin' Pickle...

Great NYC act playing the bar down the street tonight, actually... The Toasters!
    Will have to have a google. I haven't seen the bosstones for too long as I'm over in the UK but they tore it up when I saw them. Truly fab. Got a copy of a live gig they did last year and they've def still got it. Still grea tto listen too.
    Do you know old UK punk? 999, peter and the testube babies? That sort of stuff? oh and forgot about the D i c k ies seen them a good few times too. :smile: One punk band I like small in the UK at the moment are Vanilla Pod, they've been around well over a decade now but still play small gigs, really great live.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Also, I have a C.o.c. tattoo that I let my friend practice on me during his apprentiship.
    >"like" button<
  • AlSalzman
    Options
    Do you know old UK punk? 999, peter and the testube babies? That sort of stuff? oh and forgot about the D i c k ies seen them a good few times too. :smile: One punk band I like small in the UK at the moment are Vanilla Pod, they've been around well over a decade now but still play small gigs, really great live.
    If it didn't get big in the States, I'm probably not up on UK punk. My punk collection pretty much comes from the Operation Ivy / Rancid family tree... anything on Hellcat Records, basically.

Although, I have a slight leaning towards some of the bands on Paper or Plastic Records... Nothington, About the Fire, etc...

Check out Red City Radio if you're into punk. They've got a 5-song ep out that hasn't left my iPod since it was released 8 months ago. I think they're fantastic.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I tend to like certain bands from certain subgenres more than a whole genre itself. That said, I lean toward melodic death/death/stoner/doom/progressive stuff.
    Some bands I'm into: Behemoth, Graveyard, Woods of Ypres, Insomnium, Katatonia, Opeth, anything Dax Riggs related, Kataklysm, Black Label Society, Ozzy era Sabbath, Moonspell, Arch Enemy, Nevermore...
    I love having MFP friends, anyone is welcome to add me. :)
  • shahendrickson
    shahendrickson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    August Burns Red
    Anthrax
    Chiodos ( with Craig Owens)
    D.R.U.G.S.
    Hatebreed
    Iced Earth
    Flotsam & Jetsam
    Metallica ( and justice for all & earlier, no new stuff! )
    Megadeth
    Metal Church
    Pantera
    Prong
    Slayer
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Fellow metal head here. Also really like Math rock. Add me if you do too :)

Between the Buried and Me,
    Protest the Hero,
    Black Dahlia Murder,
    As Blood Runs Black,
    All Shall Perish,
    Dance Gavin Dance,
    Dillenger Escape Plan,
    The Fall of Troy,
    Tera Melos,
    Invalids,
    Hella,
    all of Zach Hill in general,
    HORSE the band, Cynic,
    Job for a Cowboy,
    La Dispute,
    Maps & Atlases,
    Marnie Stern,
    Fang Island,
    The Mars Volta and Omar Rodriguez Lopez in general as well as John Frusciante (<--just in looove with him),
    The Number 12 Looks Like You,
    Psyopus,
    Scale the Summit,
    Suicide Silence,
    Thirty Years War
    This Town Needs Guns,

Sooo0oooooo many moreee...

I also love everything from weird electronica to j-pop to indie like The Mountain Goats and Modest Mouse.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    Recently at the gym it's been:

Municipal waste
    Shattered Realm
    Slayer
    Weedeater
    death threat
    Ensiferum
    Nachtmystium
    Acid Bath

oh and can't forget pig destroyer!

Love them; listened to Ensiferum's Token of Time just a minute ago. Also love: Prostitute Disfigurement, Summoning, Ancient, Be'Lakor, Swallow the Sun, Wodensthrone, Agalloch and other bands. I listen to all metal, but prefer Black, Death and Folk over most.
  • Freya7777
    Options
    Amon Amarth, Dimmu Borgir, Goatsnake, Orange Goblin, Cult of Luna and sooo many more
  • Freya7777
    Options
    Integrity, Ringworm, Amenra, Starkweather
  • AlSalzman
    Options
    http://youtu.be/b7UkaCozHiw

Sasquatch - Pull Me Under, from "III"

Keith Gibbs' amp tone makes me wanna start fires.
  • Noname225555
    Noname225555 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Botch
    Converge
    After the burial
    letlive
    Meshuggah
    Animals as leaders
    The ghost inside
    DEP
    Hatebreed (great lifting music)

ect ect
  • tsimpson84
    Options
    Fellow metal head here. Also really like Math rock. Add me if you do too :)

Between the Buried and Me,
    Protest the Hero,
    Black Dahlia Murder,
    As Blood Runs Black,
    All Shall Perish,
    Dance Gavin Dance,
    Dillenger Escape Plan,
    The Fall of Troy,
    Tera Melos,
    Invalids,
    Hella,
    all of Zach Hill in general,
    HORSE the band, Cynic,
    Job for a Cowboy,
    La Dispute,
    Maps & Atlases,
    Marnie Stern,
    Fang Island,
    The Mars Volta and Omar Rodriguez Lopez in general as well as John Frusciante (<--just in looove with him),
    The Number 12 Looks Like You,
    Psyopus,
    Scale the Summit,
    Suicide Silence,
    Thirty Years War
    This Town Needs Guns,

Sooo0oooooo many moreee...

I also love everything from weird electronica to j-pop to indie like The Mountain Goats and Modest Mouse.

I love your taste in metal! I recently saw Protest the Hero and Scale the Summit opened for them. GREAT show. I'm still waiting to catch Horse the Band though...

As for the Mars Volta, I like them alot, but did you see that At the Drive In was at least reuniting for Coachella? God I wish I could go. I miss the hell outta that band!
  • melie_gr
    Options
    My playlist today verified the fact that 1983 was a pretty good year in music. Currently listening to the Trooper and Kill'em all on repeat. Oh! And the bangs and colored tights? Priceless!
  • AlSalzman
    Options
    Today's office soundtrack -

Earthless, "Rythmns From a Cosmic Sky."

\m/