How long did it take you to lose 30 pounds?

Options

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I had 30 to lose total. I started MFP on February 15, 2011. I have never gone off track or gained weight, though I plateaued for two months. Today I am 10 days shy of my 8 month MFP anniversary and am less than 2 pounds from my goal. It has taken me a looooong time compared to others!

I should also add that if you have 30 to lose TOTAL, you can't compare yourself to someone who has 100 pounds to lose. They'll lose that 30 like nobody's business but slow towards the end. I found the last 10 or 15 pounds to be the most difficult to come off and had to set MFP at a 0.5 pound/week loss for the last 10 in order to lose at all.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm at 26 pounds lost and it took me just over 8 months.

If you have a lot to lose though it will go a lot quicker then if you don't have that much.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    been almost a year...im at 23 pounds
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    6 months
  • NoDairy
    NoDairy Posts: 88
    Options
    3 months
  • lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    2 months but, like a few others, I started quite high.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    9 months give or take a few weeks of back and forth
    same...from July to April
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    8 months!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My overall goal was to lose roughly 50lbs. The first 30 came off in about 2mos...the next 10 took some time...These last 10-15lbs are going to fight me LoL
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    5 months and I had only 32 to lose.
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    About ten weeks. I started with about 85/90 lbs to lose. I've been at it 18 weeks and have lost about 50 lbs.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    6 months
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Well this has been reassuring. I never had a TON to lose (but not a small amount either) but I was getting frustrated with how slowly the milestones were coming lately. I'm at 21 lbs lost ~5 months 1 week into this thing.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Well this has been reassuring. I never had a TON to lose (but not a small amount either) but I was getting frustrated with how slowly the milestones were coming lately. I'm at 21 lbs lost ~5 months 1 week into this thing.

It is tough when you see all of these posts of "Lose 8 pounds in one month challenge!" or "I always lose AT LEAST 2 pounds per week!" It took a while for it to sink in that the people who can do this have far more to lose than I did. Anyone who truly has only 30 pounds to lose can't do it in two months, or at least not in a healthy way! That is why it was important for me to find MFP friends with similar weight loss goals to me. It keeps it all in perspective!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Mine was 10 weeks, but I have 150lbs to lose total. So it's a lot easier to lose right now. I hope it stays for a while, but I do know it won't stay like this the whole time. Which will be good as it means I'm close to my healthier weight :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose 30 pounds?

about 3 months, it was all I had to lose.
  • slippymcgee
    Options
    About 18 weeks. I think it all depends on how much you have to lose, how much you exercise, what kind of foods you are eating, etc...
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    9 months to lose 35lb
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    you can check my siggy I started May 1st of this year and am currently over 30 lost
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I started in March and got to the 31 pound mark a week or so ago. If I was absolutely religious about good, healthy eating I might have hit it sooner, but I think the way I'm doing this is sustainable for me - so it's okay that it took longer. :wink: