Too Detailed?

Options

Replies

• jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    I log everyting, and I usually seperate it just like you do. You won't find many drinks on mine because I drink mostly water. But, if I drink something other than water, you bet it shows up on my log. I log everything that goes into my mouth.
  • Laura32412
    Options
    I log drinks other than water or green tea. Basically anything I know has calories.
  • andyloosbrock
    andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congrats on logging your fluids, keep it up.

FYI...I do, too!
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I do the same! Anything that enters my mouth enters my food diary. After all it works best if you account for everything! I do drink alot of water and other than that the occaional wine which is noted as well. I also keep in mind that fellow MFP's added the food choices so also try to make sure they match what I am adding. After all we may have eaten different amounts of the same thing. Hope this helps!
  • flexgirl
    Options
    I log it all......the good, bad, and sometimes ugly......if I eat it, I log it.
    But, to each their own.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i log everything. i drink mostly water though, but if i have a soda or oj, i log it
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I tend to forget to log water, but I log everything else! I even log breathmints! For example, I'm drinking tea right now. It has 0 cals, and 0 everything else, but I still log it, regardless.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I log drinks with calories such as V8, soy milk, wine, beer and milk. But I don't log drinks without calories like tea or water.
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I log everything, including toast/spread/marmite etc. - Everything individually!

I'm only going to kid myself if I enter the "generic" stuff that's in the database.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I log every bite that crosses my lips and any liquid that isn't water. Rarely do I have anything else, but it's all there! Also, I get as accurate as possible and very often make my own recipes or log every seperate ingredient. It's really the only way to know what you're really taking in
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I log every thing I eat or drink. I don't drink any pop at all (8weeks strong) but when I was sick I logged my diet gingerale even though it has no calories, it does have sodium!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Just because someone else logged garlic bread it does not mean the same kind of butter, bread or amount of each was used. It makes a difference.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I use the counter at the bottom of the diary to log water and it's mostly all I drink. I have used the recipe calculator to figure out the nutrition info for some of my recipes per serving. If I'm logging something I've entered in My Recipes I just enter the name instead of every ingredient. Like you, I log the bread and margarine for my toast seperately. Just do whatever works best for you.:happy:

I always log any liquid I drink that's not water in my diary. And like other posters I even log the little crystal light to go packages if I use one in my water.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You are not being too detailed at all! I certainly drink mostly water, so there aren't a lot of drinks logged. I always advocate logging separate ingredients because logging just "garlic bread" could be wildly inaccurate based on the recipe the person who entered it used.

That being said, I do estimate sometimes because I live on a college campus and I really don't know the recipes used in the cafeteria. I will just log what sounds close in that case.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I have (personal) rule: if it goes in your mouth, it gets logged. So, no, there is no such thing as too detailed. Log away!
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Anything that enters my mouth is logged into my diary.......Never too detailed
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    The more you log, the better accuracy you have. Additionally, you will be able to see if there is a pattern that either needs to be broken or shaken up.
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I log anything with calories. My beverages of choice are diet soda and water so I rarely log any drinks.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I even log my supplements....
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    water only.