Easily one of the worst days of my life

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. You really have to get away and stay away this time. You're lucky in that you have family to help you. Please don't go back to this abusive person! Your daughters should not grow up thinking this kind of abuse is ok. I've seen my daughter deal with an abusive relationship and I'm so glad and relieved she finally escaped from it. She's now married to a wonderful, loving man and she's never been happier. I'm going to be praying for you. Please let us know how you're doing. And please, please, please do not go back once you're gone.

God bless you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    just wanted to be one more voice saying we support you, we want you to have a happy and safe life, and we are all here for you. screw counseling, get out of there. Your daughters are going to learn from you what it is like to be a wife/woman in this world, and by standing up for yourself, you teach them that they too have the right to be safe and loved, and they will never allow someone to treat them badly, because their Mother showed them that!! Remember that this too shall pass, and you will have happy days again. My thoughts are with you!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad your daddy is coming to help you pack and move out.

and my dad has a concealed weapons permit too...so hubby better watch out:bigsmile:

And there ain't NO daddy out there who allows some stupid man to mess with his baby girl!!!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

And there ain't NO daddy out there who allows some stupid man to mess with his baby girl!!!!

my dad is a retired Marine too....maybe I should have him have a "come to Jesus" meeting with my husband!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

my dad is a retired Marine too....maybe I should have him have a "come to Jesus" meeting with my husband!

I'd say it's too late for that. :flowerforyou: Leave and don't look back. :heart:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Only if he sends him to Jesus.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

I'd say it's too late for that. :flowerforyou: Leave and don't look back. :heart:

Yeah, and what are you doing posting here anyways? GET PACKING YOUNG LADY!!! We are ready for the "I'm at my brother's house now..." post!
  • wannabeeskinny
    Options
    i deal with this too
    He has shouted at me for SO LONG and SO LOUDLY he made himself hoarse at times
    ugh
    Im here if you need anyone to talk to
    BIG HUGS sweetie
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

bwahaharoll.gif

For anyone who didn't know, I :heart: Carl!
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i can understand what you are going thru since i once went thru the same thing only mine was phyiscally abusive i packed up and left everything but my boys i finished raising them to be wonderful respectful young men and you can do the same yeah it was / is hard at times but i wouldnt go back to him for all the money in the world stay strong and good luck to you
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

I think we should send Carl to help! :glasses:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Turn this into one of the best days of your life....not only are you leaving, you are also teaching your daughters that there is more to life than being verbally abused. Do not blame yourself for his actions, he is who he is and that's all there is to it. I know that this will be hard as he is someone who you love and who is the father of your girls, but in the long run it is the right choice. The harder thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing.
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    So sorry that you had to take that abuse. I have had those kind of relationships in my past, and I know how hard it is to leave.

Dysfunctional people seem to hate to see growth of any kind in the people around them. They will act out in these terrible, demeaning ways to try to claw us back down to thinking poorly of ourselves. It is a lie. It is a last-ditch attempt to regain their feelings of power by exercising power over you.

You are a human being, worthy of respect and the ability to grow and become all that God has for you to be. Congratulations for loving and taking care of yourself, and don't let anyone pull you back down. You deserve to be loved and respected! We are here for you!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

Oh, girl, that kinda crap never works, and even if it did, it'd be for like, a minute. Then back to the old patterns. As long as this ars has a willing punching bag, he'll be a threat. I'm happy you are courageous enough to do what you need to to save yourself and your little girls.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Get an attorney. Get a restraining order (you have enough to get one.) Insist on SUPERVISED visitation with your children. Don't talk to him at all for at least a month so you can focus on what you need to do.

I've been in two physically abusive relationships. They will try anything and promise anything to get you back. Don't re-engage this scary person.

We care about you. :flowerforyou:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said. :flowerforyou: I'm new here, but no one deserves to go through that kind of abuse.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. I'm at my brother's house now and they are happy I'm there. It's nice to be around people who don't treat me like dog crap.:ohwell:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. I'm at my brother's house now and they are happy I'm there. It's nice to be around people who don't treat me like dog crap.:ohwell:

Don`t ever accept that or feel that it is something you have to put up with...it isn`t.
    There is no lower form of humanity then a man that is abusive or violent to a lady.
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    So glad to hear you made it to your brother's house! Stay strong and don't talk to him - at least for awhile. My mother is going through a divorce with an emotionally abusive man right now (not my dad) and she keeps talking to him even though he verbally abuses her when they talk! It's really affected her mental well being, so try to be strong and not talk to him!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

Good stay there and don't go back. Nobody should be treated that way. And if they do it once they'll do it again, no matter how sorry they say they are.