Jogging Shirtless

Options

Replies

• flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Avalonis hun please do run shirtless and take pics for us :P

As for the extra point i dont think id feel comfortable running shirtless if im outta shape...but if someone else who isnt in shape likes it then its up to them :)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I think because of sweat and hair it is better to wear a shirt at the gym.

This.

Shirtless running outside? Heck yes (actually it was a shirtless runner who kept me going through C25k?).
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I cannot run shirtless...it's just too painful. The girls need to be wrapped up tightly!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I am very modest, so is my boy. Neither of us could ever run in just a bra or shirtless, even when we were in shape.

That said, I don't mind others who do as long as the hair and sweat isn't an issue as others have said.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I don't think my gym would allow me to do this....
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Women jog in sports bras ALL THE TIMe, I see nothing offensive about it all, so why not men??

Um I can tell you you'll never see me jogging in a sports bra ;) Sorry too easy.

I have no problem with folks running outside with no shirt or women running in just a sports bra. However, indoors in the gym on shared equipment there is a certain level of hygiene that is required and I think having a shirt on helps promote exactly that. Just look at how much sweat your shirt catches when you run.

And as shallow and rude as it is, if you have folds or major bouncey jigglies, no one wants to look at that so please do cover it up.
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    There's this one guy that I see a LOT when I go run around the track at the park. He always runs shirtless... the problem I have is that he is really HAIRY!! I think he should wax if he wants to run with no shirt on... LOL... otherwise, no problem.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I swear I'm not prejudiced .....but please don't be the like old guy who runs in my mom's neighborhood with little bitty shorts exposing his chest & back hair. I throw up in my mouth every time I see him.......

Not a good look!
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You know, no one doesn't wear shirts at my gym. Even girls-- there is exactly one woman who walks around in a sports bra. LOL In my 5 years of heavy activity at that gym, she's the only one who isn't wearing a shirt, ever.

So I guess it's just not typical in my area. I see men running in my neighborhood shirtless, and I don't care one bit (be they fit or fat).

In my gym, in my area, where almost everyone is clothed (in fitted gym clothes, mostly), I do think it'd look strange to see a guy without a shirt, or more girls without a top. I always wonder why the one woman, of the hundreds, wants to not wear a shirt. LOL I have to admit. It's not the world's biggest deal, wear what's comfortable if it's at all in the range of 'normal' in your cultural area, I say.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    in my gym, it's not allowed. and personally i don't think it's appropriate when there are people literally 2 feet away from you. if you're outdoors, do whatever you please. :smile:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people are shirtless and jogging if they've got a great body. If they don't, I'd rather they keep their shirt on. Sadly, it seems that those who most should wear a shirt are the least likely. And those I'd love to see shirtless keep it on.

A someday goal for me is to be able to confidently (and attractively) work out with a sports bra.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    At a gym with shared equipment, shirt and towel is always necessary, and disinfect your equipment please. I picked up a fungus from the first gym I joined because of dirty equipment. So please be considerate. But running outside, feel free, anywhere your sweat falls is gonna dry before it gets on me!
  • thickntired
    thickntired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with it. I think no matter what size you are, if you have the bravery to show it then go for it. We all have this one life, or so they say, and who should have the right to say if a person should show their body, in shape or not? If they are out of shape, they are not someone sitting shirtless on their front porch eating cupcakes and killing themselves, they are in the gym working their butt off to better themselves, and they should be as comfortable as they can get and not be forbidden to do so like their smaller peers. Working out is hard, and speaking personally, any comfort I can get while doing it I'm going to take. And as long as you aren't slinging sweat everywhere and getting it all over the machines I say do it. More power to you.
  • thickntired
    thickntired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Now this would be an interesting option. LOL!

ETA: Oops this was in response to the wear the shirt and go bottomless comment. LOL!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Do what you want outside, don't spray sweat at the gym.

That said, here why I really replied (not just to repeat what others have said):

DEAR LADIES --

If you want to jog/run in a sports bra, please go right ahead. I don't care what your shape/fitness level is. If that's what works for you, then do it. But please, for the sake of the children, try not to wear a sports bra that is too large while doing this. I just can't handle trying not to laugh at your nip slip while in the middle of my run. The oxygen deprivation/overworking of the abs is just too much.

That's all.
  • SheCantWeight
    SheCantWeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm always so into what I'm doing at the gym I rarely pay attention to the people around me. Who cares either way? I feel like if someone good looking wants to walk around shirtless, it's more inspiration for everyone else to get in shape.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Personally, I have to workout alone in my basement because of this. I HATE the feeling of wet clothes on my skin, more than anything. So, I workout in my underwear. Just the same, when Im playing hockey, under my equipment, I wear nothing too. There is nothing nastier than when you can ring out your underwear or shirt, and fill up a glass with sweat
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    There is nothing nastier than when you can ring out your underwear or shirt, and fill up a glass with sweat

Thanks for that gem there, Ben.
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Now that is funny! :)
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    it doesnt bother me either way....fat or fit, man or lady in sports bra.