what would you guys do?

Options
My 11 year old is learning how to bake. I came home from work and was greeted by her beautiful smiling face that just SCREAMED of accomplishment . She grabbed me by the hand and lead me to the kitchen and there in front of me was at least a dozen intricately decorated cupcakes.. She pointed to 2 of them off by themselves and said "I made these ones special for YOU "

Not wanting to ruin the moment I smiled , ate them and raved for the next 20 mins on how they were the best cupcakes i HAVE EVER HAD, how she must have worked sooo hard on them, how proud of herself she must be , etc. As im walking off to my room to get the shorts and tshrt on my 1:1 with "Dr Treadmill" she says..."Im gonna make a cake tommorrow" (sigh)

I guess the extra mins on treadmill are nothing compared to seeing her light up as I complimented her baking but if this keeps up I not sure what Im going to do LOL

Replies

• Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Eat them and compliment her. Then work your butt off in the gym.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    eat one, factor into your caolries for the day, save one for tomorrow, factor into calories, and next time bake with her and show her healthy recipes?
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Seconded
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Seconded

agree
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Have a small taste and offer to share it with her. Explain to her that you are trying to lose weight but you really appreciate her effort and love

My son is going to culinary school and brings home some amazing food. I taste some and compliment him on what he has made...even though he knows I am trying to lose weight, he is proud of what he makes and wants to share it.... a small taste is OK...as long as you stop at the small taste
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    eat one, factor into your caolries for the day, save one for tomorrow, factor into calories, and next time bake with her and show her healthy recipes?

I agree!
  • angiecraine
    Options
    Ask her to split them with you. Tell her you are keeping an eye on the the things you eat and want to be healthy. At 11, I think she'll understand. And I like that someone said, next time bake with her. The two of you could come up with some healthier versions.....google it, Dad ;)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Eat 1 tell her it was sooooo Good that you want to save the other one for tomorrow. Eat the second one for breakfast and tell her that even though those were amazing you cant have them to often. Atleast if you eat it for breakfast youll have all day to burn it off
  • shrekk218
    Options

I agree!
    Agree
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    what kind of monster are you that you wouldn't eat your daughters specially made cupcake???
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Seconded

agree

agree as well
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with fitting them into your calories and eating them.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I have but two weaknesses...sweets and those made by my kiddos! Have one today, count and save the other for tomorrow or find someone to share the joy with!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Since you are not dieting, but making a change in your life for the better, I say eat one. These types of situations are not rare. They will happen for the rest of your life. Are you going to say no every single time? Probably not. It's life. Just make good decisions the rest of the time and when someone does something special like this- ENJOY IT!
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I would eat them...If she's anything like my daughter, it will break her heart if you don't. Just work extra hard next time you work out.
  • me1howard
    me1howard Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    rave and rave and make a big deal and take a little taste in front of her. Tell her you want to 'save' them for later and then throw them away!
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I just have to say she sounds PRECIOUS!
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Eat the cupcake. Orrrr... don't eat the cupcake, wait until she's a teenager and driving you crazy and boys coming over and her period starts and she's no longer your sweet girl baking you a cupcake.

You'll wish you would've eaten the cupcake.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    rave and rave and make a big deal and take a little taste in front of her. Tell her you want to 'save' them for later and then throw them away!

Throw them away?!

Shame on you.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Eat the cupcake. Orrrr... don't eat the cupcake, wait until she's a teenager and driving you crazy and boys coming over and her period starts and she's no longer your sweet girl baking you a cupcake.

You'll wish you would've eaten the cupcake.

exactly!! if I could have my daughter be 5 years old again........She's 17....enough said!!