Does birth control cause weight gain?

Options
13»

Replies

• canuckgurrl
    canuckgurrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would say yes. Although I have been on and off it for over 20 years.
    If you watch what you eat and work out it will be fine.

I have been on it again for a few months and started to lose weight.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I've never gained from the pill. But plenty of women I know gained while on Depo.

With Depo shots, it is VERY common to experience weight gain. Its also (in some circles of pharmacy) considered as effective as a daily birth control
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    BIRTH CONTROL HAS NEVER CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN FOR ME...CHEESEBURGERS HOWEVER IS ANOTHER STORY!
  • Captainfakeeye
    Options
    Strange thing: I just started the pill this month (Microgestin FE 1/20), and I've experienced a loss of appetite. I haven't really weighed myself to see if I've lost weight, but all of my clothes are looser...

I really think hormonal pills affect everyone differently. Try one out for a couple of months, and if it really doesn't work out for you, you can always switch.
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I had ex gf who used it for a cycle. Affected her appetite, mood, etc. Got all the adverse effects from birth control, except for doing what it is designed to do and not get pregnant. Lol

Obviously every female respond differently to the effects of birth control besides preventing pregnancy.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    The only one that made me gain weight was Seasonique, which was horrible for me.