Exercise ideas please

Options
dcmat
dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
Had a big over the handle bars crash yesterday, so shoulder ache, ribs ache, knee the size of a melon & sore ankle - exercise ideas please, lol!

Replies

• MThurs
    MThurs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Rest and recover! I had a guy in my fitness class today who had missed the last couple of weeks - I asked where he had been - he had a mountain biking accident and took 2 weeks off to recover. I am finding just take the time to recover and when you come back you'll be strong and HEALED!!
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    walk, or take a rest day.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    If nothing is broken or torn, get back on the bike and ride through it (easily of course). You will be less sore much quicker. But that's just me.

If the knee can handle it, just pedaling on a trainer to give it some P.T. might be good.
  • somuch42
    Options
    If you have access to a pool, you can do some non weight bearing exercises and long stretches in the water. If there is road rash, it might sting a little, but the chlorine also keeps the wounds clean. If you can do a few laps to loosen up the shoulders and keep moving, that might help a bit too. Just walking in the shallow end offers a great deal of resistance too.

Hope this helps (been there, done that!)
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    I took two headers in August while giving mountain biking a go. Bruised ribs, fractured ankle, more than 40 bruises (I counted). Think I'll stick with road biking.

What helped me was to ice, elevate, and keep moving, if gingerly. *g* As much as I could, I also did foam rolling to keep the muscles pliant. Keep yourself from tightening up is key. Ibuprofen is your friend.

Good luck!