Replies

• Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I would be 23 lbs heavier than I am right now:noway: :noway: :noway:
  • sherry_augustine
    sherry_augustine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hmmm...where did you get this formula please?
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    it says 138.
    I weigh about 135. hoping to get down to 125! :o haha
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Well then, I oughtta be pretty happy, bc my happy weight is 4 pounds more than I am right now.

The BMI factor is off, though.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    My weight happy weight said 119, which is close to where I want to be...cool!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've tried the link 3 times LOL and it doesn't work. Are you all doing the math yourself or using the link provided?
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    interesting...it said my happy weight is 124.9 but I can assure you I won't be happy =)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    No, the link didn't work for me. Google self.com happy weight and you'll find it.

It came up with 136 for me - which is 18 pounds lighter than my current weight - and pretty unrealistic for me.
    I think about one or two kg less than my current weight will be about right for me so this is way off my "happy weight".
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    No, the link didn't work for me. Google self.com happy weight and you'll find it.

Thanks so much!

What's your Happy Weight? 142.3

Wow, my goal weight is 135..

I am only 5 lbs away from this! pretty interesting.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    This is basically a modified BMI calculation... which is AWFUL.

I would need to be about 163 lbs... which is NUTS. I would have to lose a TON of muscle to hit that weight.

The calculator is for women.

Women can't have muscle?

*blink* Let me try that again. The calculator is for women. What's that have to do with women having muscle?

*blink blink* Let me clarify: It's a modified BMI calculation, and BMI doesn't consider muscular weight. Muscle weighs more than fat. Very muscular women are put at a higher (and false) BMI.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Links not working for me ..*shrug*
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Links not working for me ..*shrug*

nvm...it worked. Seems kinda high for me.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    The problem I see is that my wrists get bigger and smaller depending on my weight. Back in the olden days when I weighed about 120, I could wrap my fingers around my wrist and they'd overlap. At my biggest they barely touched. So I don't see how our wrist size can be an indicator of frame size.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    It tells me my goal should be 127..... my goal is 127!!!! So funny that it worked out for me.... kind of neat!

Thanks for sharing! Oh, and I didn't realize I had a medium frame, I always thought I was large-boned, even though I'm 5'2"!!!!!
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    mine says i should be 113

i would love that, but i still have sooo much more to go.
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It says I should be 125lbs...I don't think my body could ever physically be that thin. Nor do I think I would look good or feel sexy at that weight. My body seems to get its "thinnest" at 135, then I just start bulking up with muscle. Which is why 130-135 is my goal! :]
    My sister has a really similar body to me (same height/frame), but she's a year-round varsity athlete at university...and she's 145lbs of solid muscle. And she eats totally clean and works out many many hours a day!

This calculator is funny to play with, and fun because I'd never measured my wrist before, but at the same time, not exactly giving an accurate 'happy weight' for every user :]
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I was shooting for 125 for my goal weight although I hover 129-133. It says my "happy weight" is 127. That's pretty close.
  • natersmama
    Options
    wow. thats pretty cool. it gave me 123. and my ideal weight range is 120-125.
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump