Find our your happy weight

Options

Replies

• ziggylove
    Options
    "Medium frame" gave me 121, and "large frame" gave me 127. The "large frame" matches my goal better though that term makes me think of Cyldesdales or something..!

Ever since getting very sick a couple years ago and dropping to around 120, I know that weight is too low for me, even though in some people's eyes (maybe because of the way they're built themselves) that would be "perfect" or possibly even still a bit too heavy. I think if I were that light and got the flu or something my body wouldn't have the energy reserves to help me recover faster.
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Pretty darn accurate! My goal weight is 165 and that's the number that it came up with for a "happy weight"..... Good to know! Thanks for sharing!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I think these calculators are fun, thanks for sharing.

My results? Happy weight: 128.2; and yes, I think I would be VERY happy at that weight!! :laugh:
    My current goal is 130, only because anything in the 120's seems overwhelming right now.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    99 lbs, I think not! I've been as low as 106 & felt that was too small for me; I'm most comfortable at 110-115 (4'11").
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, this is very interesting. Says my happy weight should be 152. I am currently 146 and am aiming for 142 but that doesn't include muscle weight, which I do need.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Wow - 112lbs (pretty much what I weigh now!)

UGW 110lbs..
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Pretty accurate for me. The weight it gave me after the calculations is actually what I set my goal weight to be - 145.

Hopefully that thing didn't mean for us to add 5 lbs PER child, only once?? LOL That'd be an additional 5 pounds on top of the 1st 5 I had to add :-D

Thanks for sharing :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    144lbs or 10 stone 4 - I haven't been that weight since 1992 and it hurt to stay that skinny.

Edit: The site added something else along the way which gave me 147lbs or 10.5 stone, which is fairly in the middle of the ideal BMI range for me. Maybe I need to get skinnier than I thought!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Hmm, it gives me 135. That's 10 pounds lighter than my current goal and 5 lbs lighter than the goal my trainer would like to see me reach.

It was fun to try. I really don't think you can get a very accurate picture of someone's build by just a wrist measurement though. I have relatively dainty wrists and ankles, but broad shoulders and hips and an absolutely enormous rib cage for my height.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My happy weight is 126, which i am now, but have decided after a few weeks at this weight that 122 will be happier!
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    140 lb, no way, 16 lb more that I weight now
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Mine came out to be 114 lb. I'll take it. Lowest I've ever been as an adult was 117 lb. and I was happy with it.

Plus I found out I'm a medium frame. I'd always thought I was a large frame. I had no reason for thinking that, I just assumed.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Mine came out as 142.5 which would probably be about right if I could remember that far back!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Mine came out to 133 lbs, which is pretty accurate I think. 130-135 is the range I can maintain easily without starving myself or acting like a crazy person. So yeah, definitely a happy weight for me. :)
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    interesting. says mine is 132... and my GW is 135...
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hmmm if I did this right than I am right on for what I would like to be at, 122. Now if only I could break the 125 mark, to get there.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I don't like the whole "add such and such if you have obese parents or kids, etc" Just because your parents are fat and you had kids doesn't mean you can be fat and it's ok b/c it's your 'happy weight'

Self.com, I am disapointed.

The # I got is within the 10lb range of where my goal is (got 136) but even still.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! it says Happy Weight should be 136 and my Goal was 137 :happy: I'm 138 so 2lbs away :bigsmile:
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    144 is what I got. My goal is 150 so that's pretty close. Thanks!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    don't think I'll ever be happy at a certain weight.
    always gonna find room for improving my body composition.

I was 160 or so 2 years ago.
    But the 160 I was this summer, was a totally different look.
    Weight isn't the important thing.