For the Men: Curly or Straight

Options
hazelmae123
hazelmae123 Posts: 109 Member
A few weeks ago a man told me my curls were "hot!" That was the first time I heard that. Most of my life I tried to be the fashionably straight hair with total failure. I embraced my curls many years ago and I have been happier ever since. But I have seen on tv shows people talking about men want straight hair. I've even had a man tell me he fell in love with my hair (not me my hair), and I know men always love to play in my hair and twist their hands into it.

So is it true? Do men prefer straight hair?

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Curly and wet (like just out of the shower)...not curly like it was straight but 95% humidity made it curly.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Any way you want it. Hair doesnt make the woman. Hell, shave it like me!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    im sure all guys have different tastes, just like us chicks
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I prefer straight but wife sometimes curls it and that looks very good as well.....
  • chrisc16
    Options
    It's the total package for me, and personality is at the top (sense of humor to be exact). You could be the most physically attractive woman alive and be ugly inside - where it counts most. Physical beauty fades over time, it's whats inside that counts most.
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    My husband said he likes curly hair when they are not fuzzy, sort of like Mimi Driver hair... so sometimes I spend hours to achieve the same for different look, since my hair are really straight. So usually I don't even anything but brush them after shower. I find curls are more beautiful on long hair ;)
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    I have wavy hair and I wear it natural on workout days, and straightened for work and going out. My hubby LOVES it natural, and I never have (although I appreciate it on others), but I am trying to learn to like it more because as much as I love to work out it's gonna be natural more than it's gonna be straight!

Lucy :)
  • jgbigman
    jgbigman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Curly and wet (like just out of the shower)...not curly like it was straight but 95% humidity made it curly.

Agreed!! But also like long wavy hair as well!!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I love hair that makes a classy statement. Curly, straight, whatever fits you and your face. I do think too many people get comfortable with what they think looks good on them and should experiment more. I can still remember a woman at a gas station 15 years ago whose hair just captured me :love: I had no idea I even liked hair until it made an impression on me that day.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Interesting, as I too am a curly top naturally. Bumpity bump...
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options

I'm with Him... Outta the shower curly is the hottest.

After that, it doesn't matter as long as there is enough to pull. (head only)
  • Fiyero
    Fiyero Posts: 31
    Options
    (insert personality most important etc etc.)
    I personally prefer straight but it is not a showstopper.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but as a lesbian I definitely prefer straight or slightly curly hair and I cannot stand any hair that's difficult to run my hands through.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have curly hair and it's pretty. (It's usually just tossed up in a ponytail, sometimes flat ironed but it takes soo long!)

I don't really care what anyone thinks. I'm hot just as I am, like it or not. :smile:
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i know this is supposed to be a guy's answer.... but i will throw in my two cents anyway.

i have wavy-to-curly hair...and most of the time i am happy with it. it takes WAY too long to straighten as it's very thick (only for a special occasion). anyway, my husband says that he thinks the most beautiful women in the world have curly/wavy hair. he used Brazilian and Irish women as examples.

i am all for natural... if that means waves and curly, go with it and own it!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I have curly hair that I usually straighten. I dont like how my hair lays when it's curly.
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    My hair is naturally curly and I hate it.....I just cut off 4-5 inches and now it's super curly!! I try and straighten it but I usually don't have the time or patience. Everyone seems to have straight hair now!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Either curly or straight hair can be extremely hot on a beautiful lady.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Curls, curls, curls.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I have wavy hair and I wear it natural on workout days, and straightened for work and going out. My hubby LOVES it natural, and I never have (although I appreciate it on others), but I am trying to learn to like it more because as much as I love to work out it's gonna be natural more than it's gonna be straight!
    This is me and my hair situation. However, I know my bf prefers it straight because he usually comments on how good I look when I straighten it, but i don't think he even realizes what is different about it. Ha. The reality is not only do I have wavy hair, but it's also super thick and long. It takes me over an hour and a half to get ready to go if I have to dry and straighten, so natural wins most of the time.

I know this said "For the Men and I am not a man," but that's why I included my bf's perspective.