For the Men: Curly or Straight

Options

Replies

• Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My husband always tells me he likes my curls. Good thing cause I am far to lazy to take the time to straighten it.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ahh!
    I have a head full of crazy curly hair. (larger than life.. lol)
    When I straighten my hair I'm incognito :P but I prefer curly hair on me.

I've been told by a lot of guys that they like long curly hair because it is exotic and sexy "everyone pretty much has straight hair"

on another note, I went on a first date with this guy once (blind date)... and he made a comment "do you ever straighten your hair?" and he kept going on about straight hair. He was obviously trying to say "straighten your hair, you'd look better" or something along those lines. Long story short the guy was a loser and I never spoke to him again lol

this sort of made my blood boil... lol
    szwktz.jpg
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I've been told by a lot of guys that they like long curly hair because it is exotic and sexy

True, true, true.

Any guy that suggests you straighten your hair is a fool.
  • hazelmae123
    hazelmae123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I too notice that sometimes when my hair is straight (which is almost never) that a man will make a comment how good it looks. Don't know if it is because it is just "different" than my usual or because it is a curly vs straight thing. But bottom line, I have curly hair and IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII like it!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I read something on the net not too long ago about how in the media, curly-haired women are portrayed as wild and carefree and silly (Grace from Will and Grace, Lucille Ball) and straight-haired women are confident and serious and sexy. Think of movies like the Princess Diaries where Mia straightens her wild hair and suddenly becomes more attractive, and gets the guy.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I usually get more compliments when my hair is straight, but I wonder if that's just because it is different, since I usually wear it curly.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Me too..... AND I LOVE MY CURLS!!! :bigsmile: I always go with what I like and what I think looks good.... IF a dude likes it, GREAT... if not... OH, well!! :laugh: I'm me!!! And I like being me!!!... the way I want to be, not what someone else wants.
    Interesting, as I too am a curly top naturally. Bumpity bump...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I have no preference. I do prefer long hair however. I like the way it fans out on my pillow.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Whatever style doesn't involve you hogging the bathroom mirror for 2 hours. LOL
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Natural spiral curly here.

I used to straighten everyday. I love it straight. I think it looks more professional and classy....IMO

I have enbraced my curly girl though especially with working out all the time. It;s not worth the time I have to put into straightening it.
    I get the exotic thing....It's wild and crazy with sexy curls everywhere.

But you can't run your fingers through the curls....and that blows :noway:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My husband loves it when I have curls that bounce.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't care if I do my hair curly or straight (I prefer straight) he does prefer me to leave it blonde and semi-long tho.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've found I don't give a darn what anyone else thinks of my hair. I'm a happier person when I work with, rather than against, what nature gave me. A few layers and some styling creme, and I have curls. No layers and trying to wear it straight, I have wispy frizz.

Except when it comes to grey hairs. I will dye til the day I die! :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,698 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago a man told me my curls were "hot!" That was the first time I heard that. Most of my life I tried to be the fashionably straight hair with total failure. I embraced my curls many years ago and I have been happier ever since. But I have seen on tv shows people talking about men want straight hair. I've even had a man tell me he fell in love with my hair (not me my hair), and I know men always love to play in my hair and twist their hands into it.

So is it true? Do men prefer straight hair?
    I'm biased for straight hair. I grew up dancing in a Polynesian style setting and all the hotties had LONG STRAIGHT HAIR. I'm also partial to brunette over blonde.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I used to be into the curly, wavy hair on women but nowadays I like straight brunette hair. Mmmmm nice. =)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I don't have a strong preference. Either way looks nice to me, and depends on how well it's played off.
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My ultimate preference is long, straight, brunette. But I'll take it however a lady wants to wear it. Hair isn't high on my priority list., which is probably why I have none...
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I honestly like both Curly and Straight :flowerforyou:
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    Long and straight. nothing sexier than seeing it flow down a womans back.
    Curely is fine too, but if I have a choice, straight. I could never date a woman with short hair
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    I have the worst curly hair in the world. I wish I could find a way to make it nice.