Feedback on 30 Day Shred - have you done it? How did you go?

Options
2»

Replies

• jooles0
    jooles0 Posts: 47
    Options
    I LOVE IT! I can do it and still manage my 90 minute gym session later in the day. Today is my last day of Level2 so just 10 days of Level3 to come. I wish I had taken measurements and photos when I started but didn't :-(

The first few days nearly killed me as it woke up muscles I didn't know I had but now I feel fitter and more toned than I think I ever have. I have quite stunned myself by sticking to it. You'll love it! I plan to do more of hers when/if I survive Level3.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Day 20 here...I start level 3 tomorrow. I'm half dreading it and half looking forward to it. At least it will be a different brand of torture. LOL Most people that do the Shred have a love/hate relationship with Jillian Michaels. We hate the torture but love the results. I've lost several inches at last check...and a few pounds. But I am also doing 26-28 minutes on the elliptical every day too, so I'm sure that is helping. Good luck. Stick with it and take it ONE DAY AT A TIME and you can do it. Oh, and be super careful with your knees. The first time I tried it I had to quit b/c my knees were hurting soooooooo bad.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've attempted it many times but have never gotten past L1D7 b/c I find it bulks my legs up really easily. I'm trying it again b/c the results in the Success Stories board are incredible, & I want in on that! I'm 'modifying' it by going easy on my legs, not going fully into the moves though I'm capable of doing so. I'm on D3 & so far, so good with my new method.
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Thanks for that! I will make sure I look after my knees! They are already not great due to years of netball, so will be super careful.

I will definitely take some before shots, I always like that sort of torture lol! ;)
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    I've attempted it many times but have never gotten past L1D7 b/c I find it bulks my legs up really easily. I'm trying it again b/c the results in the Success Stories board are incredible, & I want in on that! I'm 'modifying' it by going easy on my legs, not going fully into the moves though I'm capable of doing so. I'm on D3 & so far, so good with my new method.

My legs bulk up easy too, so will look into that - thanks for your feedback! :)
  • krm0789
    Options

My legs bulk up easy too, so will look into that - thanks for your feedback! :)

On the plus side, bulking easy meant that my legs were tighter & more toned after just 1 workout :)
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just got the 30DS as well but haven't started. Do you guys still go to the gym or do other workouts while doing 30DS or just the video?
  • krm0789
    Options
    I just got the 30DS as well but haven't started. Do you guys still go to the gym or do other workouts while doing 30DS or just the video?

I do a 27 minute walk on the treadmill (1/3 of a Biggest Loser episode... there's nothing more motivating than watching someone hundreds of lbs heavier than me sticking with it!) as a warm-up/to get some cardio in, then the 30DS, then a 10 minute yoga video b/c Jillian doesn't stretch nearly enough.

Normally I'd just do the 30DS/stretching, but my goal is to be less of a blob by Thanksgiving, so every bit helps!
  • robynnatasha
    Options
    Im on day 3 and pretty achey! Should i keep going through the ache, some say you should take a break?!

I pushed through it and modified when I needed to...it will get easier :happy:

Great i will keep pushing! Thanks :)