Have you seen these people?

Options
Mgrogers09
Mgrogers09 Posts: 61 Member
So I have notice different types of people when I go to the gym. I have been a member at several gyms over the past couple years and it seems like there are the same types of people at EVERY gym. Now - im not making fun of these people as i have been guilty of some of this stuff too- just observations.

The Fighter- If there is a heavy bag in the gym he is always on it or around it. This guy shadow boxes on the treadmill. Also known to break out a random uppercut in between sets.

The Model (female)- always ends up "stretching" her glutes in front of a row of guys. known to flip hair over shoulder.

The Model (male)- makes sure he works out in front of the mirror- constantly. ocassionally throws a pose when he thinks no one is looking.

The Loud One- usually a male. When lifting weights will make noises that would usually be heard in the wild. The sounds are way way louder than is necessary.

Mr. Spandex- insists on wearing spandex to the gym. everday. spandex.

Please expand upon my list or if you have noticed one of these people at your gym or maybe you are one of these people

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    The best bud- no matter how many pieces of equipment there are they have to get on the one right next to you.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    So this isn't an expansion on your list but "The Loud One" - you made me laugh out loud - my co-workers probably think I'm nuts!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    The singer - Clearly does not know ( or maybe they do ) that they are actually signing out loud instead of inside their head

The Lurker - guy/gal lurking around you hoping you are getting of whatever machine you are using so they can use it. ANNOYING

The basketball players - they guys who go to the gym usually just to play pick up. They always stare at the girls and hit on us. annoying.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    people like me who get turned on thinking about the gym! ha!

is is weird to think that a work out is the sexiest thing ever?
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So I have notice different types of people when I go to the gym. I have been a member at several gyms over the past couple years and it seems like there are the same types of people at EVERY gym. Now - im not making fun of these people as i have been guilty of some of this stuff too- just observations.

The Fighter- If there is a heavy bag in the gym he is always on it or around it. This guy shadow boxes on the treadmill. Also known to break out a random uppercut in between sets.

The Model (female)- always ends up "stretching" her glutes in front of a row of guys. known to flip hair over shoulder.

The Model (male)- makes sure he works out in front of the mirror- constantly. ocassionally throws a pose when he thinks no one is looking.

The Loud One- usually a male. When lifting weights will make noises that would usually be heard in the wild. The sounds are way way louder than is necessary.

Please expand upon my list or if you have noticed one of these people at your gym or maybe you are one of these people
    The knobhead - all of the above and more!
  • emilyajones
    Options
    The best bud- no matter how many pieces of equipment there are they have to get on the one right next to you.

this always happens to me!
    also, the frenemy. Similar to the best bud but will get on to the one right next to you, set it to a higher level than you and go mad, whilst your struggling along!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

I think I've see these people on here. :wink:
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    LOL!!

Could make for some interesting research.

We could get David attenborough to do the voice over. :happy: "and over there in the corner, the young male gym goer is slowly making his way over to the water fountain, near where lycra-ed female gym goers are doing pilates"

What about the girl who knows nothing about using the machines and can be seen near the weights section dropping something on her toe? (that would be me)
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    this is why i hate the gym as there are very few of the:

Joanne Bloggs: there because they know they need to loose a few pounds. Have no makeup on as not there on a fashion parade, do not have the latest fashion in joggers on and are not there to pick up men.

Joe bloggs: there because he thinks he should look like the muscley guys in the corner but he knows he is just too lazy for that, so will settle for loosing a little weight.
  • wey1983
    wey1983 Posts: 109
    Options
    The heavy breather - after 2 minutes on the machine its like they're having an asthma attack.
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    HA HA HA HA HA the loud one-- I ran into HER the other day.....I mean I think the whole gym could hear her entire coversation
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    The competitor: The person who gets on the treadmill right next to you, and thinks he/she is being covert in checking out your speed and incline (while in reality, it's totally obvious that they're looking over at your screen), and just HAS to increase THEIR speed/incline to just slightly higher than yours, and acts like you're in a race, all while pretending not to notice you...
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I went to a gym in philly and we had a guy we dubbed "Rockstar" - he showed up to lift weights in jeans and affliction or ed hardy tee shirts. Every day. I'm a very laid back girl but wanted to beat him every time I saw him. He was also prone to air guitar performances- at no additional charge.

And then there is the one we dubbed "Cake" she was the ultra thin girl who never broke a sweat- perhaps this was for the best bc it looked like she hadn't eaten since puberty. I always hoped she would get a piece of cake in her..

The Sweater - you know this one- they never wipe off the machine and manage to produce more sweat than a healthy human being should.

Roid Rager- he is always training for his next show- usually orange in complexion and arms that crush conventional wisdom
  • Mgrogers09
    Mgrogers09 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The Creeper- kind of like the basketball player except with out the basketball....and more awkward time spent around women.

The Frenemy---- I LOVE IT. they set it just high enough so that everyone else can tell they are going faster than you. And is it just me or do they not sweat....at all...and I look like im about to stroke out.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    The underachievers..the ones who get on the treamill and walk at 1.0 and talk to their friend on the next treamilll about how there day was, then after 10 minutes of doing viturally nothing but taking up the machine, head to the smoothie bar to get a post workout shake.
  • Bronc1
    Bronc1 Posts: 10
    Options
    The know all - no matter how much knowledge you have he/she knows better even if there ideas are COMPLETELY deluded!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Mr. Social (sorry, but it really is usually a guy who is guilty of this): The guy who walks cockily through the gym, and tries to strike up a conversation with the girl that he's been obviously eyeing since he arrived. He has no idea how annoying it is to be actually trying to workout and have someone attempt to converse with you. I'm sorry, but the LAST thing that I feel like doing while I'm sweating and working my *kitten* off is having a conversation with some stranger who thinks that we have anything in common, just because we go to the same gym!
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    The competitor: The person who gets on the treadmill right next to you, and thinks he/she is being covert in checking out your speed and incline (while in reality, it's totally obvious that they're looking over at your screen), and just HAS to increase THEIR speed/incline to just slightly higher than yours, and acts like you're in a race, all while pretending not to notice you...

OMG, I got these people all the time when I did cardio. SO annoying, and yes, SO obvious when they're checking your screen. Loved to disappoint them by covering mine with a towel, lol.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I went to a gym in philly and we had a guy we dubbed "Rockstar" - he showed up to lift weights in jeans and affliction or ed hardy tee shirts. Every day. I'm a very laid back girl but wanted to beat him every time I saw him. He was also prone to air guitar performances- at no additional charge.

And then there is the one we dubbed "Cake" she was the ultra thin girl who never broke a sweat- perhaps this was for the best bc it looked like she hadn't eaten since puberty. I always hoped she would get a piece of cake in her..

The Sweater - you know this one- they never wipe off the machine and manage to produce more sweat than a healthy human being should.

Roid Rager- he is always training for his next show- usually orange in complexion and arms that crush conventional wisdom

dislike. why do people assume thin people dont eat anything. i dont know if she does/doesnt but f***, everyone thinks i dont eat, but i most definetly do. i mean i can tell that i am fit, and not skinny... but other people dont know the difference...
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    The singer - Clearly does not know ( or maybe they do ) that they are actually signing out loud instead of inside their head

This is me! I have butchered many Britney and Black Eyed Peas songs. lol.