P90X Shakeology

Options
Anyone out there who has tried the P90X shakeology? Please let me know what your thoughts are on it. I have a very busy month ahead of me and I think a meal replacement may help me stay on track. What did you think of the shake's? Were they good? Were you filed up by them? Did you have any problems such as gas and bloating? Thanks.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    there are other MRPs on the market and things that can be used as MRPs that are a lot lot cheaper
  • sm26davis
    Options
    I have tried them the chocolate. I loved it, it gave me energy filled me up for hrs made my cravings for sweets go away. If it wasnt so expensive I would still be drinking it!!!
  • jlm962
    jlm962 Posts: 64
    Options
    I LOVE Shakeology!!!!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    i love the gnc lean shake meal replacements. the vanilla is my fave...it's delicious! the blueberries and cream is a very close 2nd.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is AMAZING!!! I love them! I have one every day...when I don't have it I don't eat as well! I decided to be a Beachbody coach because of how amazing the workouts are, but also because of how much i LOVE Shakeology! It tastes delish (I do the chocolate shakeology) and it fills me up! When do you think you'd want to take it? I have had it for both breakfast and lunch! Either way it's delish! I never had gas or bloating issues! It did help TONS with regularity tho!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I really like Shakeology Chocolate, but it is insanely expensive in comparison to other Suppliments.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    It is super expensive, even for a coach, like myself. I have been using it daily for 6 months and have not experienced anything similar to it. However, there are other meal replacers. A good whey protien shake with soy milk or skim milk will fill you up and has lots of protien and Branch Chained Amino Acids (BCAA'S). These will keep you full for an extended period of time. I personally love EAS whey and can get a huge bag at Sams Club for around $30. This lasts a good 2 months
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    It's expensive and that plus some FB friends referring to it like being addicted to a drug shunned me from it. I use BSN Synth 6 and GNC Lean shakes instead.
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    After comparing different companies Meal Replacement Shakes, I found one that I love and that stands above all the rest! It keeps you feeling full, increases your energy, helps gain lean muscle and has tons of nutrients your body needs!

Check this out:
    shakeologyvsvi-2.jpg

Good luck whatever you decide!
  • Acg67
    Options
    After comparing different companies Meal Replacement Shakes, I found one that I love and that stands above all the rest! It keeps you feeling full, increases your energy, helps gain lean muscle and has tons of nutrients your body needs!

why would a MRP choose Whey over a blend or casein?
  • Whopooh
    Whopooh Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I have tried other products but I always end up feeling really hungry and gassy. So I'd rather spend a little more money and not have either of those feelings. I'm going to give a try.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Check this out:
    shakeologyvsvi-2.jpg

Everyone can make up a comparison chart. Should I share mine?? LOL
  • carlarikin
    carlarikin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love both Greenberry and Chocolate Shakeology. I take it everyday. It's true that it is expensive, but you get what you pay for. :)
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Totally agree.
  • Acg67
    Options
    It's true that it is expensive, but you get what you pay for. :)

not really seeing as they use cheap forms of vitamins and underdose the other various add ins, and use a moderately priced protein. for the money you'd think they'd use better quality ingredients
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is just an overpriced name brand product....you can buy the same thing for a fraction of the cost. I've only tried a few samples of it, I couldn't work 130$ into my budget for a meal shake when I can buy the SAME THING at my local GNC.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Shakeology is just an overpriced name brand product....you can buy the same thing for a fraction of the cost. I've only tried a few samples of it, I couldn't work 130$ into my budget for a meal shake when I can buy the SAME THING at my local GNC.

Sorry hate to disagree, but nothing at GNC is anything like Shakeology. I've have looked at both GNC and Vitamin Shop. Just saying....
  • Acg67
    Options

Sorry hate to disagree, but nothing at GNC is anything like Shakeology. I've have looked at both GNC and Vitamin Shop. Just saying....

care to address my points on why Shakeology isn't nearly what it's cracked up to be and no way worth the price?
  • Stooooo
    Options

care to address my points on why Shakeology isn't nearly what it's cracked up to be and no way worth the price?

This Video explains it all. I would show a PDF of the ingredients but I'm not sure how to post it.

http://youtu.be/yA6dzVAnpEM

It's not like they just get the ingredients from anywhere. The creator actually goes to the countries and sees the process that they are harvested. He travels all over the world looking for the best ingredients. Then Beachbody improves their facilities so they can keep up with the demand. They put the best of the best and more then what the body needs because they know the body will get rid of some of it.
  • Acg67
    Options

This Video explains it all. I would show a PDF of the ingredients but I'm not sure how to post it.

http://youtu.be/yA6dzVAnpEM

It's not like they just get the ingredients from anywhere. The creator actually goes to the countries and sees the process that they are harvested. He travels all over the world looking for the best ingredients. Then Beachbody improves their facilities so they can keep up with the demand. They put the best of the best and more then what the body needs because they know the body will get rid of some of it.

::Sigh::

I have the ingredient list in pdf form, instead of giving me marketing hype, let's look at some specifics

Generally speaking what is the most expensive vitamin in multis and in shakeology?

how does the absorption rate of Magnesium oxide comepare to lets say magnesium chelate?

At what amounts have green tea extract been shown to be beneficial?

if this is an MRP, why use whey?
This discussion has been closed.