im not losing weight and its been over 7 months :(

Options
So I've been working out and trying to stay under or around 1400 calories . I work out about 5 days a week and its been over 7 months and the scale hasn't moved nor do I see any improvement in tone. The only medication I take is birth control seasonique. I've started the c25k program hoping it'll help even a little as well.

Any suggestions would be amazing :) . If I have to learn how to cook healthier meals I will do it if anyone has suggestions . Friends requests are awesome :) and all of yall are awesome

Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Wow that does not seem normal does it. Maybe a question for the doc next time you visit...
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I see a LOT of processed foods in your diary. I would suggest more whole foods...more veggies for sure.
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    I have similar problems, I'm on the Mirena...you will hear a lot of people tell you to eat more calories, well, when I did that, I gained...I actually had to cut my calories back to about 1100 and I started losing again. I don't know if that will work for you, but I think there is something with some of these birth controls that really messes up trying to lose weight! Good luck to you!!!
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    I hit a wall (I am a long distance runner). I started cross training (free weights and crunches) and the scale is moving again! I also made a vow to not eat junk food although I did eat a piece of dark cholocate today :smile:
  • Judith1044
    Options
    have you had your thiroid checked? that could be a contributing factor....
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I see a LOT of processed foods in your diary. I would suggest more whole foods...more veggies for sure.

I agree. Lots of sodium in processed foods. I've been bad at tracking my food lately, but I try to keep my sodium at about 1500 mg
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would check with your doctor at your next visit just to make sure all of your hormones are in balance. However, just by browsing through your diary, I see you eat a lot of processed foods. I would suggest adding more fruits and vegetables, as well as more home-cooked meals to your diet. This may help.
  • chocolattahottie
    Options
    Here's my thoughts

1. Get your thyroid tested, also get checked for insulin reisistance.
    2. You eat alot of processed foods and carbs, try cutting down a little.
    3. What type of workouts are you doing? You may be overjudging what you do. i.e. you walk 30 mins and calculate it as 300 calories, when it may barely be 90 calories.
    4. I would stick to veggies, meats and whole grains for a while, some fruit too.
    5. Drink water, at least 8 cups
    6. Are your goals set properly in myfitnesspal?
    7. Are you tracking EVERYTHING you eat, I mean everything, the oil you cook your food with, the half of a snack you ate from a friend, the scoop of ice cream, EVERYTHING.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options

I concur, I went back to the begining of October and didn't see one fruit or vegi. Sure, calories in/calories out stuff, but a carrot could go a long way too :)
  • tjnahm
    tjnahm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Agreed... lots of processed foods, grains, and carbs. I would seriously looking into a Primal / Paleo lifestyle as it is how I have lost over 80lbs in under 4 months... the first three months with little to no exercise, only diet.

:)
  • whitesoup12
    Options
    A 1500 calorie diet is a good amount to eat if you're looking to lose weight, but what do those 1500 calories consist of? Try cutting things out that have added sugar (high fructose corn syrup, sucrose, dextrose) and try eating your goal weight in grams of protein. Also, see if you can limit your carb intake to only fruits and vegetables.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i had a quick look at the last few days of your diary, and your diary is pretty carb heavy... there isnt much in the way of fruit and veg and 'clean' food?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and I agree with the poster above who noted that it's all processed, packaged foods. The quality of your diet can have an effect as well. I would recommend that you try replacing your cereal and waffles breakfast with an egg and veggie scramble. You don't have to use just egg whites..just get some healthy protein and vitamins in you in the morning, as opposed to pure empty carbs, and see if that helps. I'm SURE that you will find your path..good luck!!!
  • natersmama
    Options
    a couple other people already mentioned it, but looking at your diary your sodium intake is almost always over. and you really arent eating much for the calories you're consuming. most of your food looks like it comes prepackaged. try healthier, less processed foods like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. and if your water intake is what your diary says, maybe you could drink more cups throughout the day.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Sorry to be harsh, but if you are eating under 1400 cals a day for the last 7 months then you would be losing weight. Even if you were sleeping at night and just sitting in a chair all day.

Are you being totally honest about your food and exercise?

Beer, wine, milk, snacks???

The only person you will fool is yourself ;-)
  • southerngirlspa
    Options
    I agree with the processed foods observations. Also, with the suggestions to check with your doctor. I am on a medication that prevents me from properly processing carbohydrates and even when I'm earting fairly healthy ones like oatmeal and yogurt I will gain weight very quickly. I see a lot of carbs in your diet and something could be causing the same sort of issues with you too.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I am NOT saying this is your issue --- but I can easily undo a full weeks worth of eating at goal by having one day of "cheating." My point is before jumping to ask the doctor (which is what I would suggest you do), make sure you are being honest with yourself. For me (not for everyone, but for me), I can easily have a 4,000 calorie over weekend (between alcoholic drinks and food) if I allow myself a cheat day or two - then BAM! all my work during the week erased. I know I didn't realize how easy it was to erase a whole week's worth of work until I started doing weekly averages, instead of just looking day-to-day.

Losing weight is 90 percent about your food - so if that is off - even one day - it makes weight tend to stick.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Probably not the answer you were looking for but I have to agree. Maybe try changing your eating habit to add whole food instead of process....Hope it works!
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yeah actually I'm being honey I post everything I eat . Rather not lie to myself . But yeah ISO does anyone know any good snack ( preferably with no nut or almonds ) that's low in sodium .
  • Abbey_22
    Options
    If you haven't lost weight (or inches) then it's definitely time to revise your diet. You may only be eating 1400 calories, but if it's 1400 calories of crap then that's basically useless. Fruits, veggies, lean protein, homemade meals. <<These guys are your best friends :]
    It's not that you HAVE to learn how to cook homemade meals, it's that you're not seeing results and looking at your diary, that kind of tells you why. Get rid of the hot pockets, the nutella, etc. That's crap food and won't help you see results. Try adding oatmeal, or cereals like kashi go lean, or salads or egg omelet type of things.
    Also, switch up your workouts, cardio one day and weights (or yoga or w/e) the next day. If you don't switch up your workout then your body will get used to it and you'll stop seeing results.
    Food is my weakness, so I feel you there, and with only 10 vanity pounds to lose that's my main focus.