C25K: Rejoice with me!

Replies

• HI. I just started on MFP a week ago, tomorrow. I was just wondering what all of you are talking about? I would love to be able to run a 5K; in fact that is something I have wanted to be able to do for years. If you could fill me in I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    HI. I just started on MFP a week ago, tomorrow. I was just wondering what all of you are talking about? I would love to be able to run a 5K; in fact that is something I have wanted to be able to do for years. If you could fill me in I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks :)

Here's all you need to know about the program! http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • Oh lordy me, I wasn't expecting such kindness. How embarrasingly nice of you all to take the time: sincerely thank you all so very, very much. Nothing I've never done was described as an inspiration to anyone, nor motivational. Deterrant yes, warning yes. Unacceptable risk, once or twice (thanks mum). But I could burst with pride for the nice things you've all said.

I don't know if any of you are revisiting this thread, but if you are, especially those of you in the earliest stages of C25K, I tell you honestly, you can do it. The earliest weeks are very hard, shocking almost. The mindbending prospect of W5D3 is not as bad as it threatens to be. I wish you all very well, and if you need a boost just let me know.
  • HI. I just started on MFP a week ago, tomorrow. I was just wondering what all of you are talking about? I would love to be able to run a 5K; in fact that is something I have wanted to be able to do for years. If you could fill me in I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks :)

Here's all you need to know about the program! http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Thank you very much :happy: I am looking at it now. Can't wait!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    That is fantastic....I am rejoicing with you. I too have been doing the C25K program myself....and am still rejoicing that I was able to get through week 5, day 3.....the dreaded 20 minute jog!!! But I did it, I made it through! It has taken probably about 12 weeks for me to get to week 5, but I did it. I feel your joy!!! Kudos to you on a job well done!!!!!
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    I LOVE LOVE your sense of humour! You made me giggle so much my hubby came in the room to ask me what was so funny. Now, down to business. GREAT JOB! I am on week 2 of C25K and loving it. I was a runner in the past but encountered a hip issue last July, not running related, and am thrilled to get back into it. I picked this program because it is the safest way to build up to running. Congrats to you and your accomplishment and thank you so much for the laugh. It really is hard ! Have a heathly and happy day MFP
  • alblackburn
    alblackburn Posts: 5 Member
    Please someone tell me where I can get the info for this running program...thank you!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Congratulations!!!!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    It's posted in the thread already....if you have smartphone search your market for Couch to 5K or use google.
  • Im rejoiceing with you as well cause I just started doing this, this week in fact today Im doing w1d3 yea believe that so I applaud you too it is hard especially when your not used to running.walking im used too no problem but running its alittle trickier lol but Im gonna be like you and fight until the end and accomplish this thing..I can do it as well thanks for the inspiration.....
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    That is AWESOME!!! I am thinking about doing a 5K. I did one about 5 years ago through a similar program, but have put on a lot of weight since then. I have a question. Did you consistently lose weight through your couch to 5k program? For some reason I have it in my head that running is going to give me huge leg muscles and stall my weight loss progress but this may or may not be based in reality. lol

Anyway, huge congrats to you! What an accomplishment.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Yay! I hope to be in your position in 3 months.
  • JeSuisPrest
    That is AWESOME!!! I am thinking about doing a 5K. I did one about 5 years ago through a similar program, but have put on a lot of weight since then. I have a question. Did you consistently lose weight through your couch to 5k program? For some reason I have it in my head that running is going to give me huge leg muscles and stall my weight loss progress but this may or may not be based in reality. lol

Anyway, huge congrats to you! What an accomplishment.

c25k has been my main source of exercise!
  • Congrats.. Im def impressed! I just did week 8 day 2 Today! I've been doing it on the treadmill w/o any problems! I really dont mind it at all but today I attempted to run at the park & I only got thru 10 mins b4 my legs/feet were killing me! So my question is.. Did u do it on the streets or treadmill?!? Im hoping that by next week i'll be able to run 3 full miles in 30 mins. Rite now im doing 11 minute miles so we'll see if I can do it! I have come a long way too.. Just 8 weeks ago I could barely run for 90 seconds ;)
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    AMAZING!!!! I just finished WK1, and I'm dreading WK 2, but I'm gonna try; Thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Woohoo!! I used to be like you.. back in July!

Today and for my 5th time I ran 6.75 miles!!! It's so easy but take it slow and just enjoy the run for what it is.

The slower and easier you go, the better your body will recover and you will stick with it AND you will run farther EASILY!! :)

Last year, I did the C25k and pushed myself so hard, that I had horrible knee pain and hips, I had to give up. I even stopped working out. This year, I said NO WAY, I'm going to enjoy this for what it's worth! Go slow.. enjoy :) I can't stress it enough :)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    ok, this is the thread that is saying the things I need to hear tonight.
    :D
  • Great job on keeping up with the C25K!

This is my second time to start it, I am on W3D3 and doing much better. Should have started sooner because I am signed up to do a 5K on Sunday. Hopefully all will go well, may be a little early to try and run the whole thing but going to try for 1 mile!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Congratulations! You have every reason to be excited! More power to you~
  • ElleC
    ElleC Posts: 37
    starting tomorrow!

Thank you for the inspiration :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!