Met a MFP friend?

Options
skierxjes
skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
I'm just curious. I know this is obviously not a dating site, but has anyone met anyone off of here? Maybe a new walking buddy? Or someone that did end up turning into more? I seem to notice it's like 98% women on here. And as helpful women are, I feel more support from having a man tell me to get my fat *kitten* to the gym and do better. Opinions?

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    There are a few I'd love to meet, but most of the ones I talk to alot live a hell of a long way away.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    YES I went to Maine for a bike ride (I live in Tx) and met one of my cyber friends...:smile: I am running a 5k on saturday and will hopefully meet up with another one there....
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am friends with some lovely ladies that are local to my area...

We are supposed to meet up in the next couple of weeks for lunch. I am excited! It is great to surround yourself with supportive people that are on a similar journey.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    There's a lady on my list that lives and works in the town where I work and I've invited her to join me at my zumba classes! going to get her there one of these days. There's also a guy that lives about an hour away.... never met any of them, but I do have plans on meeting some MFPers!!!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I like the chubby friends in your avatar photo :bigsmile:
    I haven't tried to meet any strangers from here but I do share the site with a couple family members who are also doing MFP. I'm in Chicago and they are in Indy.
    Read your profile, like you I'm starting over after being a bad boy all summer. Down 6 lbs from my starting weight but still have 8 pounds to go just to get back to where I left off.
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Get off your ___ ___ and get to the gym!!!!!!!...he he just kiddin!!!!!
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Not yet but I'd love to meet two persons I met on MFP (I think they know who they are). I've only been on here 2 months though.

I don't know if I feel like men are more supportive... not really I think. (But not worse either.) It really depends on the person. The two people I'd like to meet are female and male.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I have met people here, then become FB friends with them, and would love to meet them in person some day. There are several of us who are friends already, but I'm wanting to make a road trip to meet up with someone else we've met on here.

You hear me, BoomBoom???!!!
  • Being2befit
    Being2befit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've met with 2 people from the site...mostly because they worked out at my gym!!:flowerforyou:

it was awesome!
  • CheetoBandoto
    Options
    I haven't met anybody but I absolutely would love to! Maybe I should keep my eyes open for people in my area. Snag some workout buddies! :D
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I know who I'd like to meet on here.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I have met two in person and we'll be meeting again soon for a girls night out.

I will be meeting another next week to give her my old HRM.

There are two more that are high priorities.

I'd meet any of my peeps for a beer.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I've met a whole bunch off of here! So far, they have all been pretty awesome possum!
  • leilani♥
    Options
    I've met one person on here and she was cool.. I'm open to meeting more peeps :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I can't meet anyone until I've met ilookthetype first...that's my rule!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Only if they are payin'

Or slutty. Either way, I'm down with that.
  • Avalonis
    Options

She must have made an impression on you if you want to lose your MFP virginity to her ;)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

I legit just did a fist pump!

I gotta meet my girl Q, seriously was looking into renting a car for that...
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I live in podunk crap town next to nowhere place....so I don't think I'll get the chance to meet anyone in person from here. I'd love to have a beer with any one (or all!!!) of them!
  • Avalonis
    Options
    Only if they are payin'

Or slutty. Either way, I'm down with that.

Sayings like this are why you are on my Friends list.

I guess I should clarify that... hes NOT on my friends list. But he should be.