Head-Tilting Surnames

Options
13»

Replies

• Froggy1976
    Options
    I was in the Navy with a girl with the last name of Booty. True story!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    My 5th grade teacher was Mr. Peed, he'd dress up as Santa right before Christmas Break and we'd all call him Santa Peed.

My podiatrist was Dr. Payne and my OBgyn is Dr. Price (fitting since I had 4 c-sections)
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The office I used to work at has a patient named Hung last name D!ck, Hung D!ck. and cute guy too lol
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    A priest friend of ours is Father Angel.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    My Dr. Dockter who married an engineer with that last name lol. Or Clinkingbeard a nutty med professor that was actually a family colleague. Or Quackenbush pronounced as spelled. And the poor German exchange student with the same spelled last name as the f word. It is in a year book. I could go on.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I told my former boyfriend that if we got married, I couldn't take his last name. I was applying for my PhD... and his last name was Hospital.

I used to work in student registration... I processed admission paperwork for a Luke Sky Walker. He had no chance, he was born a geek.

My first campus visit, was was scheduled to go to McNutt Hall to meet a Dr. Raper. My mom gave me the stink-eye when she saw that itinerary.

I also had a professor named Charles Darwin *LastName*, and it definitely was a Survival of the Fittest class.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i saw something where this.guy is named jesus condom
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    There is a realtor name Ballard Sweat near where I live.

and it's a business but at one point I worked at Siemens in Cumming GA. Classy.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My husband had a friend in high school named Mark Bates. Nope not bad at all. Except this kid INSISTED his nickname be Master. Yep that's right, Master Bates. Sad thing is, he never "got it".

Sadly, he passed away 15 years ago at an extremely young age. He was a pretty nice guy. Just kind of goofy when he was a kid.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who's last name is Fuchs.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Her last name was Rice and her parents named her Puff. Yes, really.

I also know a police officer whose first name is Tequila. Nice name for a stripper, but for a cop? Gotta give her credit though - she owns it!
  • plumgardenia
    plumgardenia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    While watching my local news one late Christmas night there was a crime committed. I can't remember what happened but the perpetrator was an old man by the name of (no joke) Harry Balls. I give the news anchor credit for not bursting with laughter after having to recite his name. Way to keep it together!
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My little sister's teacher is Mrs Melly so they call her mr smelly... We had a teacher called Miss Cox... My mum, as a kid, used to go through the phone book and ring up the people with the name *kitten* (pronounced ba-starred) and ask if a *kitten* lived there, same with the people called Death (pronounced dee-ath) "is death there?" Very childish, but I would imagine very funny at the time.

There is also a gravestone in the cemetary where I walk my dog with the name Fanny Muff. Oh. My. Goodness, I cannot imagine how much they would get teased if they were alive today haha. (This is in the UK as well, so the UK meaning of Fanny applies here haha.)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Navy as well-and these all pertain to that:
    -My Watch Commander is named Jodie Hurlbut-and it's a guy. We refer to him as 'Throw-as$' behind his back
    -We just got a Seaman at this command, I don't know his first name, but we just think it's funny to call him Seaman Seaman.
    -We just got an MA (which is Navy Law Enforcement/Security) with the last name Justice, so when he introduces himself during traffic stops it's going to be as Patrolman Justice. Sadly the first time I hung out with him he got really drunk and cried like a girl.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    my first dentist as a child was called dr savage

and my surname sucked when i was growing up its duck, so you can imagine the teasing, but i've grown up to love it now. i'm in the uk and served with the TA (our army reserves) for a few years and we used to use the last 3 numbers of our forces id a lot on paperwork etc and my last 3 were 222, yip 3 little ducks, i reckon it was hand picked for me