The Skinny for Santa Challenge Thread (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness... the last 24 hours was my last "Cheat day" until Halloween, when I'll allow myself some candy/treats from the kids treat bags. It was Thanksgiving and I don't have any damage control to do because I allotted these calories last week by eating a bit less and changing up my workout routine, but egad, I feel like blarghety blargh from all this food the last 2 days. On to normal eats and no more cheats until the end of the month, weighing in on Tuesday... :O

TheTonyPony, I know right, I get to do it again on Tuesday! LOL, Tres excited.

Remember Monday's are a perfect day for starting fresh everyone, hope your all doing well and enjoyed the weekend, time to dig deep and get in some healthier eats for the next while. :)
  • TheTonyPony
    Options
    Having organized this challenge, I feel brilliantly obligated to behave myself! My Mum was terribly nasty tonight, baking a huge pie that I know is DELICIOUS but probably has a days calories in every slice. Butter, potato, sweet potato, thick pastry, more butter... I know she means well when she tells me to eat, but I just don't want to eat that.

So I scrounged around and found something good to eat. I know I'll have to be honest when logging, so I don't eat anything I wouldn't want you guys seeing.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this cheerleader role!

Go go Skinny Santa crew Go!

Ohh and I have to beat Saint on the scales this week! I forgot that was inspiring me too, a bit of friendly competition.
  • Ebbykins
    Options
    Having organized this challenge, I feel brilliantly obligated to behave myself! My Mum was terribly nasty tonight, baking a huge pie that I know is DELICIOUS but probably has a days calories in every slice. Butter, potato, sweet potato, thick pastry, more butter... I know she means well when she tells me to eat, but I just don't want to eat that.

So I scrounged around and found something good to eat. I know I'll have to be honest when logging, so I don't eat anything I wouldn't want you guys seeing.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this cheerleader role!

Go go Skinny Santa crew Go!

Ohh and I have to beat Saint on the scales this week! I forgot that was inspiring me too, a bit of friendly competition.

You are awesome!! This week I stayed very accountable to my journal as well, though I'm not proud of my Thanksgiving eats, it was actually a bit more tame than past years. -.- Uh yeah, hahah. :D But I can't wait to see what me tummy and bum changes into the more I stick it with you motivating folk. Even for people who don't have a lot of weight to lose, it's always important to have goals and keep making changes, not just to be thinner but fitter, and I'm glad I joined this group.
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    Thanksgiving is totally going to be a cheat day this year, same with my birthday, but I think I can survive. I've gotten better with my over eating.
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday :) Just had to post this to keep myself accountable- Goal is to drink MINIMUM 6 cups of water per day until friday. My brother just said that I should make sure the pounds I lose aren't water weight and now I'm scared my 2 pounds lost from today are just from dehydration!
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    Just dropping in to wish everyone well! Hope you are all enjoying your Wednesday night!
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    Feel like I haven't posted in a while. Hope everybody is having a great week so far. I feel like a slacker in my exercise compared to last week...but I think this week my body is telling me to rest a little bit, and not EVERY workout needs to burn upwards of 900 calories.....ya know? I'm telling my body that it's okay if I only burn 200-300 calories.

It always makes me feel better when I explain myself to others, anybody else?

Well, can't wait for Friday to see what we've all accomplished this week!
  • Ebbykins
    Options
    Ohhh man here comes friday, gonna bust out some clean eats compared to last week the next few days to see if I can make some changes. Amazing how a holiday with drinks and bad food can creep into the week, weaning myself off the peanutbutter addiction slowly but surely, lol.
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much the scale will show this but I went in tonight for a final fitting of a bridesmaid dress that I had to have altered because it wouldn't zip up past my rack and it was now to big! The poor lady made the dress bigger and now has to make it smaller.. Yeah for me I guess!:tongue:
  • krose9489
    Options
    I'm going to be staying home this weekend instead of spending it at my brother in-law's place because we drink SO much when we're together and by Saturday night my whole thought process is "I'll just do better tomorrow." This weekend the only date I have is with my dusty elliptical! :wink:
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much the scale will show this but I went in tonight for a final fitting of a bridesmaid dress that I had to have altered because it wouldn't zip up past my rack and it was now to big! The poor lady made the dress bigger and now has to make it smaller.. Yeah for me I guess!:tongue:

Woo hoo! What an awesome feeling that must have been. A NSV is sometimes better than a scale victory, so keep up the good work no matter what the scale tells you. You may be losing fat and replacing it with lean muscle! : )
  • TamLind83
    Options
    Last chance workout today! (Sorry, I guess I've been watching too much Biggest Loser.)

I hope everyone is having, or had (form those of you far ahead of the time her in California, USA) a great Thursday.

Keep up the good work! : )
  • krose9489
    Options
    Last chance workout today! (Sorry, I guess I've been watching too much Biggest Loser.)

I hope everyone is having, or had (form those of you far ahead of the time her in California, USA) a great Thursday.

I'm so glad you said that! I've been watching back to back episodes of The Biggest Loser on my computer for the past week and really just need to get out there and get my head in the game!
  • Ebbykins
    Options

Got mine in, going to keep the sodium low to see how that helps tip the scales, hehe. :D
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    Speaking of sodium, how much do ya'll generally take in a day to make it a "low-sodium" day? I've been talking to my old personal trainer, and she said that some of my ridiculously slow weight loss could be because of my sodium. Some days it seems high, some days it seems low. Just wanting to see what ya'll do?? And do you notice a difference when you're really watching your sodium intake vs. when you're not really watching it?

Thanks!
  • krose9489
    Options
    Speaking of sodium, how much do ya'll generally take in a day to make it a "low-sodium" day? I've been talking to my old personal trainer, and she said that some of my ridiculously slow weight loss could be because of my sodium. Some days it seems high, some days it seems low. Just wanting to see what ya'll do?? And do you notice a difference when you're really watching your sodium intake vs. when you're not really watching it?

Thanks!

I had a low-sodium day today because the weigh-in is in the morning and I ended up having less than 800mg, but I looked it up and as far as I can tell a "low-sodium diet" means you're averaging 1500mg/day of sodium. As far as whether or not I've seen a difference with my sodium levels and weight loss.... I have no idea. :blushing: Sorry.
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    weighed in at 272.2 today... : )
  • krose9489
    Options
    How did everyone do on their weigh-in? I am .7lbs away from being back in ONEderland!
  • TamLind83
    Options
    Friday's weigh-in: 187.

Yeah! : )
  • GkMusic
    GkMusic Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Friday's weigh-in: 146.4 :)