The Skinny for Santa Challenge Thread (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    221 today :love:
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    143 Today, so 1 lb lost in 1.5 weeks, now that all the holidays are past, no more cheat days until Halloween, I think I can make some changes this next couple weeks. :)
  • kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Current weight: 149 so I lost one pound this week. I hope I can lose more weight next week. Good luck on the weigh In. :). Kathleen
  • KristinC4
    Options
    Was just wondering if the chart was up yet? I'm excited to see the results!
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    ^She is waiting on a few people to send their numbers in and she'll update the chart.

I stayed the same... fail hahahaha. I hate being a women.
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    I lost half a pound. A little disappointed, but I've had a couple NSV this week that keep me encouraged. I shall share them with you:

1. Had to go buy a new t-shirt for the Auburn game that was yesterday (War Eagle), and when I picked up the size medium (my "normal" size), I thought it looked a bit big...so I went to the dressing room, tried it on, and found that it was huge! I had to buy a SMALL!!! I haven't fit into a size small t-shirt since freshman year of highschool! Yay! Also, when my family saw me, they said, "Oh my gosh...you look so tiny!" TINY? Haven't heard that word to describe me since I was born!

2. It's been a while (aka: 2 years) since I calculated my BMI. The last time I checked it was via a BodPod, one of the most accurate ways to measure a BMI...and it told me that I was basically 48% fat. SAD! I checked it the other day via a calculator (granted, not the most accurate way to measure), and found that my new BMI is 28% !!! I'm not longer considered OBESE, but just OVERWEIGHT! Yay! I think it sounds so funny that I'm celebrating being "overweight." Hahaha...

3. When I realized that I had only lost a half a pound this week, my sweet husband said, "Well I can tell that you're losing inches, you're much easier to hug these days...I can almost wrap my arms around you twice!" Precious.

SO, all this to say...even if the scale isn't telling me I'm losing pounds, other things in my life are telling me that I'm on the right track to losing inches and being healthy!! Yay!

Hope this encourages any of you out there that aren't losing POUNDS.... there are other ways to measure your success!
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    Numbers are starting to look good this week! Finally!
  • kschoono
    Options
    Thanks Sarah, for putting up the chart! :) It was surprising to see some people lost over 5 lbs the 1st week. I need to go to the gym more this week & eat more veggies this week, so I can lose more than 2 pounds this Friday. :)

Good luck everyone on the weigh in for this Friday.

Kathy
  • Ebbykins
    Options
    I lost half a pound. A little disappointed, but I've had a couple NSV this week that keep me encouraged. I shall share them with you:

1. Had to go buy a new t-shirt for the Auburn game that was yesterday (War Eagle), and when I picked up the size medium (my "normal" size), I thought it looked a bit big...so I went to the dressing room, tried it on, and found that it was huge! I had to buy a SMALL!!! I haven't fit into a size small t-shirt since freshman year of highschool! Yay! Also, when my family saw me, they said, "Oh my gosh...you look so tiny!" TINY? Haven't heard that word to describe me since I was born!

2. It's been a while (aka: 2 years) since I calculated my BMI. The last time I checked it was via a BodPod, one of the most accurate ways to measure a BMI...and it told me that I was basically 48% fat. SAD! I checked it the other day via a calculator (granted, not the most accurate way to measure), and found that my new BMI is 28% !!! I'm not longer considered OBESE, but just OVERWEIGHT! Yay! I think it sounds so funny that I'm celebrating being "overweight." Hahaha...

3. When I realized that I had only lost a half a pound this week, my sweet husband said, "Well I can tell that you're losing inches, you're much easier to hug these days...I can almost wrap my arms around you twice!" Precious.

SO, all this to say...even if the scale isn't telling me I'm losing pounds, other things in my life are telling me that I'm on the right track to losing inches and being healthy!! Yay!

Hope this encourages any of you out there that aren't losing POUNDS.... there are other ways to measure your success!

Oh wow, congrats on so many levels, this is huge and yes very very yaaaay! Good for you and no doubt you'll keep it up, you know what true success feels like, that's awesome. :D
  • TheTonyPony
    Options
    Hey everyone! For those who don't know and haven't heard me ranting on my profile, the new table is up and we lost nearly 50 pounds together! And we still have 12 weeks to go!
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    Hope everybody is having a great week! I haven't been exercising as hard this week, but instead focusing on my calorie intake. I'm usually too low, so I've tried to "up" it this week (with healthy foods, of course). The scale will tell in time if my method is working...

Good luck to everybody!!
  • krose9489
    Options
    Has anybody tried/seen results from the 30 Day Shred? I just downloaded it tonight (a little late, I know..) and was trying to get some feedback before I give it a go.
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    Today's the day! Hope we all had some losses this week!!
  • Ebbykins
    Options
    Ohhh I'm about to weigh in, I'm hoping after I workout and shed some water weight I can get an accurate weight on some loss, will let you know. :D
  • KristinC4
    Options
    Well it is my Friday and I weigh-in at exactly the same as last week. A little bummed, but I am just going to have to work this week to drop some pounds.
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    Weighed in this morning and was SHOCKED! I've lost two pounds since last Friday...I'm down to 150.4 :) I attribute this weight loss to eating my exercise calories..."who'da thunk" that eating more = weight less (for me...I realize that this doesn't work for everybody)!
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    Down 3 pounds and some change. Yes! 6 more pounds until nobease! So excited!
  • GkMusic
    GkMusic Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Only down a half pound this week.....but hey, at least it's a loss! However, this next week, I am NOT going to weigh myself until Friday. This week I weighed myself too often and got down on myself. Not good! Hold me to it! Not....weighing....in....until.....FRIDAY!
  • kschoono
    Options
    Hello

I weigh my self & I only lost a half a pound, but I am happy I am losing & not gaining. :) I will have to drink more water & exercise more next week, so I can lose more weight. My current weight is now 148.5

Great job everyone on losing so much weight already! :)
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried/seen results from the 30 Day Shred? I just downloaded it tonight (a little late, I know..) and was trying to get some feedback before I give it a go.

I actually just started it a few days ago. It really kicked my in pushups. I already knew I couldn't even do a "girly" one without cheating, but just the multiple attempts made my muscle sore for the next two days. However, I am excited to see what results I achieve from it and I have lost a bit of weight since starting (although it may just be coincidence).

Good luck! :)