Really...

Options
2»

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

I disagree. Calories can make you gain weight, even if they come from fruit and vegetables. Precision is better than guessing when it comes to counting calories.

TRUE.

But is it worth the stress to weigh everything. Weigh your carbs and proteins. Measure your fats and oils. There's really no need to weigh *every* piece of fruit and veggie. Think about what you are suggesting...should I keep a scale at my desk at work to weigh every grape? Every orange slice? Just log it as an orange and move on. If you eat a whole bag of grapes or a whole bag of oranges of course you should weigh it.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

I disagree. Calories can make you gain weight, even if they come from fruit and vegetables. Precision is better than guessing when it comes to counting calories.

TRUE.

But is it worth the stress to weigh everything. Weigh your carbs and proteins. Measure your fats and oils. There's really no need to weigh *every* piece of fruit and veggie. Think about what you are suggesting...should I keep a scale at my desk at work to weigh every grape? Every orange slice? Just log it as an orange and move on. If you eat a whole bag of grapes or a whole bag of oranges of course you should weigh it.

For some people it is worth it, so I don't think you should be telling them they're doing it wrong. In the grand scheme of things, 40 cals from one apple isn't going to amount to much, but if you're eating a few servings of fruit every day, these things can and do add up.

I would not weigh every grape at my desk--I would weigh them at home before bringing them to work.

I see you have had success with not weighing everything, but it is a valid method for weight loss and I'm not sure why you'd mock it.