Instead of "where you from?"-anyone from Minnesota?

Options
Pollywog39
Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
Hi all!

Lots of threads are started with "where are you from?"
Let's get more specific!

Any Minny folks here?

I'm from Duluth :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tmtolbert
    tmtolbert Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    formerly from minnesota!!!! i have since relocated to nashville, tn. i :heart: minnesota though! i love the active lifestyle up there and all of the trails and lakes... especially in duluth... love that city!
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Twin Cities area
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm in Duluth too! ;)
  • hockeyd11
    hockeyd11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Me!! I'm just north of the cities about 10 minutes in Lino Lakes.
  • efriling
    efriling Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just moved to Rochester last month....beautiful weather for walking right now! I'm planning to visit some of the state parks this weekend and take a walkabout during peak fall colors. I haven't lived up north since I was a kid, and in the deep south, there is no autumn so I'm just loving this :heart: :bigsmile: Welcome to MFP, I hope you love it, I joined about 2 1/2 weeks ago and have found it very helpful & encouraging, and have lost 8.8 lbs already!:happy: Feel free to add me as a friend & best of luck on your journey :drinker:

~Erin
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm half hour north of the Twin Cities.
    I used to live in Superior, I miss the area so much!
  • dawing
    dawing Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm in St. Cloud!!!
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    I'm in Duluth too! ;)

is this AIMEEE???????????????????? or Rhi?

that Embersfallen is quite the clue.
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Minneapolis... okay, well, Hopkins, but I'm still in denial that I moved to the burbs.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    souther part here..Sleepy EYe, but I went to college in Duluth..love that city~!
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    Hi there! I just moved to Rochester last month....beautiful weather for walking right now! I'm planning to visit some of the state parks this weekend and take a walkabout during peak fall colors. I haven't lived up north since I was a kid, and in the deep south, there is no autumn so I'm just loving this :heart: :bigsmile: Welcome to MFP, I hope you love it, I joined about 2 1/2 weeks ago and have found it very helpful & encouraging, and have lost 8.8 lbs already!:happy: Feel free to add me as a friend & best of luck on your journey :drinker:

~Erin

It's really pretty up here, too.................took a drive through the Brainerd area last weekend, and it was awesome with color! I think things are peaking about now in this area.

I've been around here since August, and really love MFP. I've lost a little over 10 lbs since then, so am feeling great about that!

Rochester is a pretty town - have visited a number of times. Enjoy Autumn!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Waconia...that's about 1 dead deer 5 dead raccoons west of Chanhassen.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    An hour west of the cities here. Orginally from Lake Park (Near Fargo/Detroit Lakes area)
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    Waconia...that's about 1 dead deer 5 dead raccoons west of Chanhassen.

LOL....................what about the porcupines???
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    An hour west of the cities here. Orginally from Lake Park (Near Fargo/Detroit Lakes area)

Nice ticker, with Adrian.

THINK WE'LL WIN A GAME soon?

sheesh................what a year :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I was born in Duluth and lived there until 1980. From 1980 to 2000 I lived in Crystal (NW of Mpls). In 2000, I moved to Florida but returned to New Hope from 2004 to 2009.

I have adopted Florida as my "home", but I still have a fondness for Minnesota. My brother still lives there, in Elk River.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    moi. originally from Virginia/Eveleth, MN... now in Shakopee, but I've lived all over.

including Nashville...funny.
  • alucard75
    alucard75 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    not from there but I'll be visiting my brother in 4 weeks...near cannon falls
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    MN has always been like a 2nd home to me - have family all over it as my grandparents were born & raised in Sauk Centre and my grandpa is one of 10 siblings of which only 3 left the state. I go up every year at some point... but I'm technically Io-wegian

I was born in Sauk Centre, graduated from Long Prairie and now live in Sebeka! Small world I tell ya.