Instead of "where you from?"-anyone from Minnesota?

Options

Replies

• tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I live in Dilworth, just across the border from Fargo. :) Nice to see a few friendly Minnesota faces on here :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    moi. originally from Virginia/Eveleth, MN... now in Shakopee, but I've lived all over.

I wonder if you knew my niece, Jessica? She lived in Virginia - was killed in a tragic car accident at 19 yrs old on one of the roads going up to the mines :brokenheart: She would be about your age now.

My sister still lives there. And I have rellies in Mt Iron, too.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Waconia...that's about 1 dead deer 5 dead raccoons west of Chanhassen.

True enough! I'm from Saint Cloud. But was raised in WI. Go Packers!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I live in Dilworth, just across the border from Fargo. :) Nice to see a few friendly Minnesota faces on here :)
    Back in high school I dated a girl from Dilworth.
  • liftingbro
    Options
    Waconia...that's about 1 dead deer 5 dead raccoons west of Chanhassen.

Hmmm.....not sure if I can allow a Packer fan in without a green card.
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    I was born in Sauk Centre, graduated from Long Prairie and now live in Sebeka! Small world I tell ya.

Sebeka!
    I blinked through there once ;)
    Have some pics from a visit there, on my home computer. Might have to post those later :bigsmile:
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    I'm half hour north of the Twin Cities.
    I used to live in Superior, I miss the area so much!

SoupTown!

Home of bars and Packer fans :smokin:

(just kiddin...........or am I? lol)
  • Pollywog39
    Options

Hmmm.....not sure if I can allow a Packer fan in without a green card.
    [/quote]

I agree....................this is VIKING territory!!!

(I'm trying to say that with much pride!!)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Crystal ......... OK, but that was 30 years ago.
  • liftingbro
    Options
    I was born in Sauk Centre, graduated from Long Prairie and now live in Sebeka! Small world I tell ya.

Sebeka!
    I blinked through there once ;)
    Have some pics from a visit there, on my home computer. Might have to post those later :bigsmile:

Sebeka isn't far from where I grew up in Lake Park. Maybe 45 minutes or so.
  • plumgardenia
    plumgardenia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm from Austin. And no I don't LOOOOOVE Spam. It's ok :)
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    AIMEE! Ok...trying to guess from the eye....LOL! polly? ;)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Crystal ......... OK, but that was 30 years ago.

I lived in Crystal 30 years ago too! Corner of 52nd and Maryland.
  • kterleski
    Options
    Rochester!!!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm from Austin. And no I don't LOOOOOVE Spam. It's ok :)

I grew up in A.L. a fun night out with the friends in high school was driving to Austin to go to Target because we weren't cool enough to have one :p
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    AIMEE! Ok...trying to guess from the eye....LOL! polly? ;)

Yuppers :)

Nice to see you on MFP! I love this place................
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    LOL! too funny... just happened to see the MN post the other day... ;) i've been on another site forever, but started using the mobile tracker..so joined up here....like the little scanner thingie, and how it adds exercise to your cals... helps me figure things out better.. ;) i've take a whole MONTH off of weighing myself because it has not moved much since I got back from canada and i was frustrated.... next weekend is my weigh in, and i;ve been working out and tracking on the foodtracker hardcore, so please pray for good progress! I felt like God kinda put on my heart I was getting obsessed with the numbers and such...so i decided i would keep doing the healthy lifestyle, enjoy my workouts, and let Him do above and beyond what my body wants to do on it's own... leap of faith right now... gotta trust!

good to see you here though!!! How long have you been on this site? Rhi's not, i don't think anyhow...but my sister is ;)
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    LOL! too funny... just happened to see the MN post the other day... ;) i've been on another site forever, but started using the mobile tracker..so joined up here....like the little scanner thingie, and how it adds exercise to your cals... helps me figure things out better.. ;) i've take a whole MONTH off of weighing myself because it has not moved much since I got back from canada and i was frustrated.... next weekend is my weigh in, and i;ve been working out and tracking on the foodtracker hardcore, so please pray for good progress! I felt like God kinda put on my heart I was getting obsessed with the numbers and such...so i decided i would keep doing the healthy lifestyle, enjoy my workouts, and let Him do above and beyond what my body wants to do on it's own... leap of faith right now... gotta trust!

good to see you here though!!! How long have you been on this site? Rhi's not, i don't think anyhow...but my sister is ;)

Hey, Girl :)
    I've been here since about mid-August.....started on a new path of making some changes after a physical in July when they used the "o" word in reference to my weight . NOOOOOO. Have just been eating better and tracking - a little exercise thrown in at times, but probably not enough. But I've lost somewhere between 10 and 12 lbs, and am not in the obese category anymore, so THAT feels good!

I made my first visit to Canada recently......and have seen pics of you with your sweety on Facebook :) he's quite adorable!

Much love and success to you in your healthy-lifestyle changes! Sounds like you've been on the right track for quite some time! Take care, say Hi to Rhi, and God bless,
    Polly
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I'm from Minneapolis!!
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    Love visiting the Twin Cities..............so much to do!