Average grocery bill

124»

Replies

• BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    bump
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    It's just me and my husband and our two cats, and we spend $80 per week.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    What is your average grocery bill for the week or month and how many are in your family? Mine is $125 a week and we are a family of 4. 2 adults and 2 young boys ages 2 and 4. Seems crazy that we spend at least $500 a month on groceries. I totally see why so many people eat so unhealthy, that's the food that is usually super cheap unfortunately:mad:

We were spending about 100 a week for 2 thin adults and a picky eating 3 year old. Don't even get me started on our liquor store bill.

We're trying to be better!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    We are now an empty nest for the last three months....
    We purchase produce every other week where it is just the two of us - usually about $50.00 when I hit the sales..

Meats I purchase in bulk all the time - usually quarterly... I break everything down myself into portions for four meals (two for the meal itself, and then the other two are for leftovers or if George wants seconds of the meal) - everything is prepped for marinating, season-rubbed, some left as-is and different cuts...

I make everything from scratch all the time no matter what... any extras, my husband purchases on his own (bread, junk food, etc)...
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    I have a family of 5 and I spend about $150.00 per week, but this also includes household and pet items, like cleaning supplies, dog food cat food and cat litter, and toiletries