Whats a good Appetite Suppressor?

Options
I think I have seen ads for things that you can mix in with water to help suppress your appetite... does anyone know of agood one, or if they are good for you?

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If they are good for you.. Hm thats easy, NO!

Eat healthy and exercise.. seems to work for most people.
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I would stick to healthy eating and exercise, lower your calories to the goal set by MFP...and your appetite will decrease in time. Just be strong! Don't put stuff in your body that doesn't need to be there.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I'd rather eat sensibly and exercise. :wink:
  • Bugsyzgrl
    Bugsyzgrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Typing in a bad meal in MFP and then seeing the calorie results!!
  • lmhuffinc
    Options
    A bikini:wink:
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Coffee.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i keep a pair of my fat underwear next to my skinny underwear. if i need to keep food out of my mouth i just go and compare the two....giggle
  • thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Food is a good appetite suppressor
  • yager8725
    Options
    iiii so agree. its my save me go to
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I echo what others have said, also try tea! Especially Oolong tea. I really like it, and its either the tea or just the warmness that makes me feel full.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I would advise against anything like that and just stick to healthy eating and exercise.
    There are plenty of regular healthy foods out there though that are very filling so you don't feel as much need to overeat :)
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    I know!! It's awful!

I find that water can be a good appetite suppressant.
  • shtaylor
    Options
    Try to eat your meal slower,( takes your stomach about 20 minutes to determine it is full) Eat a lot of fiber which keeps you FULL longer.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    a compression shirt and bike shorts.

i kid i kid. but seriously, i eat an apple or banana to fight off my hunger.
  • yager8725
    Options
    love it- love it- love it!!! i love to do that!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    coffee IS good - food is also good. You can just eat something very low cal - vegetables are super low, fruit is pretty low (Depending on the fruit and it needs to be whole, not juice).

Other good things are like - I have a scoop of protein powder in water in the morning some days (find one that tastes ok that way) and it is only 135-150 calories for 30 grams of protein which I sip over an hour or so. by the time its gone I'm full on water and protein and I won't be hungry again for a couple hours.
  • Asiral
    Asiral Posts: 133
    Options
    celery! or watermelon!
  • drdenise
    drdenise Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    EXERCISE!!! The BEST appetite suppressor there is! :)
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    Exercising, eating enough and not waiting till I'm DEAD before I have a small meal. An apple now and then and water to fight sudden cravings. A small piece of dark chocolate along with my cup of coffee and lots of veggies.

But if I REALLY want to even reduce that it's definitely

mate-tea.

Not as a powder you just stir into water, just the dried and "chopped" leaves.
    No sugar, no nothing.

(Right now and for the past week) I have been drinking 3 - 4 cups a day.
    It starts "working" after one or two days -- and it DOES do its thing for me!!!

Good luck!!!
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Coffee.

My mom swears coffee is an appetite suppressant for her.

For me, I try and eat some raw carrots before meals or going to a restaurant or something. I just try to eat enough snacks to not find myself ravenous and desperate for a meal.