disapointed in this site

Options
13»

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of the comments stem from having that picture up there. When i see that picture i feel sick becuase i dont see that as a girl who should be on here to lose weight so when you say you need to lose weight and I see that visiual it churns my stomache sadly thinking of all of those with eating disorders or who no matter what they look like are never good enough in their eyes.

i think if you took that picture down and put up a more recent one or no picture you'd have better feedback from others. its hard to identify or be in the same boat as someone who is 40-50 lbs over weight when they look at a picture like that. I'm new to this site too but the few ladies who i've talked to are extremely supportive. Change your outlook and you'll see that too!
    Well I find the picture beautiful, and inspiring, it IS a contest photo afterall and if some took time to actually READ the profile of us other members they might understand the person just a wee bit better than simply doing what the rest of this world does by judging simply by a photo:cry::brokenheart:

Well I for one will NEVER ever put my photos up again...not to be judged here that is for sure! I can walk down the street and be judged just as harshly as we are judging one another on here. I feel very sad for each of us this day that's it come to this here:cry::brokenheart: :huh: :noway: :sick:
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    Thank you Fitness Chick for the support....I get a bit hot uder the collor lol...Your posts have been wonderful..

I hope the OP stays on and ignores the bad and takes the good from this site..
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i really don't think your picture had to do with anything. to be honest, i can see why you're upset, but at the same time, not everyone is going to comment on every single post. Just yesterday I posted something and got no replies. That's ok, it wasn't something a lot of people could relate to anyway so I was only expecting one or two at most.

i also noticed you have not replied to anyone's nice, kind comments. We aren't a drama site.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I guess I am a bit confused as I didn`t sense in the original post any suggestion that people had been unkind or judgemental,not sure how that has worked its way in.
    I took it that there was some misunderstandings from what she had posted on other threads and hope that can be worked out in the future.

If I am wrong on that interpretation and anyone did say nasty things to her or about her in other threads then that is where one needs to report it so it can be dealt with.

I have been on numerous forums and the Internet is much like real life in that people need time to get to know each other,find things of common interest and make friends.

Hopefully that will happen and it will be a pleasant place for you here.
    I know I have seen a lot of care and support from everyone so please give it a chance.:smile:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    OK Guys, let's stop the drama. Nothing to apologize for. We have welcomed her and all as usual and we can't please everyone. She being so new as of this month, I am sure if she stays on, she will be happier....

I hope she stays and has a good time like most of us do.

Story sharing, accomplishments, set backs and laughs.......
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    I guess I need to change my profile picture to have someone comment on anything I post.....THIS IS NOT WHAT I LOOK LIKE ANYMORE PEOPLE!!!!!!

It is too bad that you feel that you have to post a picture like that to get attention. I have lots of pictures similar to yours of when I use to model but with out the muscle just the body
    this is why I do not display my picture. I would like MFP friends to get to know me for me. I like you have a lot to offer perhaps not in the same way as you but in other ways.

I did not read your post and maybe not everybody saw it, but as far as being a compulsive eater I can give you information and perhaps some encouragment in that area. I use to be a compulsive spender so I bought the book to help me understand why I was doing it. Send me a message and let me know how I can help you. ...

I responded to your post as away to sympathize with you and offer support. If I offend you or any of MFP friends by this then I apologize it was not my attention. :noway: Perhaps this is the reason some people do not respond to prevent misunderstanding.

However, there is no hurt feelings form my part and I hope there is not in yours. :flowerforyou: We are all here for the same reason. We all have struggles that are different or perhaps some in the same way but this is one of the tings I Love about this site that we are here for one another to pull each other through. Therefore if I can help in any way please let me know.:smile:
  • healthychic
    Options
    I am sorry that people on here haven't been treating you like they should! I myself am surprised because people on here are normally sooo nice and respectful!!!:noway: I know how you feel though because when I started going on here a few people disrespected me and said that I looked fine the way I was when clearly my profile said that I joined mostly to be a HEALTHIER person, not to "look good". Although thats a plus:laugh: Anyways, I am here for you and respect you.

-Danielle
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have only been on this site since New Years day, and I have found it very supportive and helpful. I want to wish you congrats on your upcoming wedding and much success on your weight loss.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    argh
This discussion has been closed.